DiSEqC and MediaPortal TV Server (1 Viewer)

lujo

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Hi,

I have just installed MediaPortal 1.6.0
And only DiSEqC options are:
- None
- SimpleA, SimpleB
- Level1AA, Level1AB, Level1BA, Level1BB

This means to me that users who use DiSEqC switch with more than 4 lnb's are not able to use MediaPortal software.
1. Is this true or is it still possible with "plugin" to enable >4 lnb support?
It seems to me that >4 lnb support is the same as 4 or less support.
2. Will this support be implemeted in the near future?

I have also motorized dish and I have used position 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 to save satellites in the motor.
Moteck 2100A
Position 01 (E0 31 6B 01) = 13.0E
Position 02 (E0 31 6B 02) = 16.0E
Position 03 (E0 31 6B 01) = 19.2E
Position 04 (E0 31 6B 01) = 23.5E
Position 05 (E0 31 6B 01) = 28.2E

At this moment I am using DVBLogic software with RAW DiSEqC commands to move dish from position 01 to, 02.....

3. Is it possible to use RAW DiSEqC commands with MediaPortal?
4. If I use "Store position" button under DiSEqC Motor tab will this only store position in MediaPortal software or also in the motor?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello lujo

This means to me that users who use DiSEqC switch with more than 4 lnb's are not able to use MediaPortal software.
    1. Is this true or is it still possible with "plugin" to enable >4 lnb support?
    It is true for now. There is no existing plugin... but if you try MP2 with native TV you will get DiSEqC 1.0 (2 port and 4 port) + DiSEqC 1.1 (16 port) switch support (assuming it is supported by your tuner driver and MP also supports your tuner).

It seems to me that >4 lnb support is the same as 4 or less support.
    It is not.
    DiSEqC 1.1 and 1.0 are easy from the command/format perspective... but not so easy from the tuner perspective. MS BDA did not support DiSEqC until W7, and they still don't really support DiSEqC 1.1. So, each tuner manufacturer has their own proprietary interface for sending DiSEqC commands. We only have the possibility to support DiSEqC 1.1 if (a) we have the information about the tuner proprietary interface and (b) the proprietary interface supports raw commands. There is no guarantee of (a) or (b). It depends on your tuner.

2. Will this support be implemeted in the near future?
    Support is implemented in TVE 3.5. No commitment on release date, but you can already try it with MP2 as "native TV".

3. Is it possible to use RAW DiSEqC commands with MediaPortal?
    No. No plans to support either.

4. If I use "Store position" button under DiSEqC Motor tab will this only store position in MediaPortal software or also in the motor?
    Also in the motor.
    I suggest you use DVB Logic to move the dish to the correct position. Then open TV Server configuration, go to the motor tab, select the correct satellite, then store. Repeat for all your satellites and hopefully everything will just work.

mm

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    Hello,

for what is this standing?:

DiSEqC?

20210406_104040.jpg

• None
    • SimpleA, SimpleB
    • Level1AA, Level1AB, Level1BA, Level1BB

I use Standard "Astra 19.2E LNB with Multiswitch". So

Horizontal Lowband
    Vertical Lowband
    Horizontal Highband
    Vertical Highband

Is NONE correct or a other option?

And for what is standing: Enable DVB-S2 channels tuning/scanning?

And the oher options i can click ...

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    for what is this standing?:
    DiSEqC?
    You could also just use the google search and will immediatly find out ;)
    Digital Satellite Equipment Control – Wikipedia

se Standard "Astra 19.2E LNB with Multiswitch"
    As you have a Multiswitch "None" is obviously wrong.
    You find channels with "Simple A", so it seems to be correct for the selected satelite. "Simple B" would be then the option for the other LNB, that is focused on the other satelite.

For all the other questons, please read the media portal wiki first. I believe everything is already explained there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom