Diseqc settings for Dish Pro Plus LNB (1 Viewer)

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
MediaPortal Version: TV Server 13077
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
Windows Version: XP
CPU Type: Intel E6300
HDD: 320GB 7200.10
Memory: 2x1GB Corsair DDR2
Motherboard: Intel G965
Motherboard Chipset: Intel G965
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia 7600GT
Video Card Driver: Latest
Sound Card: Ongoard 7.1
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Latest
1. TV Card: Twinhan 102G
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: Lastest BDA
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia Purevideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider: FTA
HTPC Case: OrigenAE x11
Cooling: Stock
Power Supply: Enermax 650w
Remote: Harmony 880
TV: Infocus 61MD10
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Running the latest TV Server engine and trying to scan any bird I can find with a Twinhan 102g and a Dish 500 with a DishPro Plus LNB (Built in switch). So far, I've been very unsuccessfull in scanning any of the transponders on 82/91/110/119 at all. I know my setup works because it works in other DVB applications. Could someone verify the settings in the TV Server setup to match the DishPro Plus LNB?

I've also read that I may need to adjust my transponder list frequencies as well but I've had no luck with that. So far, I'm just using the ones from the TV Server's "Update satellite list" button. Any assistance would be appreciated.

CG

introputz

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
Hi, i'm having the same problem.. i cannot scan any channels on 110 or 119. i removed my diseqc switch and hooked it straight to 110 and stil nothing.. im using the hauppauge nova-s plus card. i dont know what other cards ppl are using that are working. but according to the MP Doc mine is supported. i have tried everything and still nothing

:)

M4TH

Portal Member
January 19, 2007
Montréal, Qc
Home Country
Canada Canada
I too can't scan 82/91 with TV server, but work fine with mediaportal.

I think we just have to wait for better NA satellite support.

crackerbox

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
Running the latest TV Server engine and trying to scan any bird I can find with a Twinhan 102g and a Dish 500 with a DishPro Plus LNB (Built in switch). So far, I've been very unsuccessfull in scanning any of the transponders on 82/91/110/119 at all. I know my setup works because it works in other DVB applications. Could someone verify the settings in the TV Server setup to match the DishPro Plus LNB?

I've also read that I may need to adjust my transponder list frequencies as well but I've had no luck with that. So far, I'm just using the ones from the TV Server's "Update satellite list" button. Any assistance would be appreciated.

CG

There are still some issues with the code than need to be worked out to allow DishPro and DishPro Plus (especially DishPro Plus)

Maybe this info may help frodo and other devs:

The Dishpro Plus LNB actually has a switch inside, a 3x2, switch that responds to standard diseqc commands... with one exception, commands are on HEX 11. Normally switch commands are on HEX 10.

spaztic

Portal Member
November 10, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Any updates on this issue?

I've also got a Dishpro Plus setup. I'm successfully getting most of the 119's and only a handful of the 110 transponders. I've converted the horizontal transponders to vertical by subtracting 25600 from them. I don't know if the HEX 10 commands would only manage to get a few of the transponders on 110.

I've also overriden the LNB settings LOF1 and LOF2 = 11250 and the switch 0.

Can someone chime in with a working DishPro Plus setup with pointers?

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I tried again with a DPP about 3 weeks ago with the latest SVN available at the time and scanning with a DPP is still not working correctly. I was never able to get decent scan results and ended up picking up a few legacy LNB's and haven't looked back. Good luck.

spaztic

Portal Member
November 10, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have a non-DP twin for the 500 dish. Does that have a switch in it? Or should I get a DiseqC 34 switch to feed my sub'd receiver and mediaportal? Also using the twin do I still need to convert horizontals to verticals or will the default .ini file work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom