Display (Album) Artist in PlayingNow (1 Viewer)

GeoS

Portal Member
August 2, 2009
near Utrecht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If I recall correct that's how I started tagging my collection some time ago...

In the screendump you can see that that results in new artists David Sanborn,James Taylor and David Sanborn,Joss Stone. To be complete I added the screendump of the tagged songs.

I've rebuild my database again for a version with a space after the comma. (e.g. David Sanborn, James Taylor) the screenshots of that are named with space. And the effect is the same but with a space behind the comma.

greetings Gijs

Update
I also rebuild with one semicolon {;} that gave a good result in splitting the names and returning with the correct sum of albums/artist, but again by the David Sanborn full album tracklist no pictures in front of the two tracks with Joss Stone and James Taylor.
Also that's back to square one after switching to visualisation (or in some skins to tracklist or lyrics) the semicolon changes into pipe {|} which also has a side-effect on the skins which support the Fanart plugin which doesn't display any artist after the switch untill the next song comes on.

Strangely if it is the next played song that is displayed I see the artist-seperator change from semicolon to pipe but if pressed next song it changes back to semicolon.

greetings Gijs

Attachments

• tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    57.7 KB
  • artist view.jpg
    artist view.jpg
    54.5 KB
  • tag with space.jpg
    tag with space.jpg
    51.6 KB
  • artist view with space.jpg
    artist view with space.jpg
    54.7 KB

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The albumart not showing it's because those ;; is the same as separator in skin engine(think it was or in something else anyway thats causing it), because albumart for each album is sorted by artist name + album title & since it has ;; it adds that to image name, but in skin & when comparing ;; it's a separator & therefore albumart isn't the same like this David Sanborn;;James Taylor-Only Everything & in skin David Sanborn| |James Taylor-Only Everything.

Not sure what we can do to this, quess we will hit a limit in other ways too.

I'll ask a developer about it, but won't be right now ;)

Regards
    Roy

GeoS

Portal Member
    August 2, 2009
    near Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :D Eureka!
    I've changed the artist separator into pipe {|} that seems to do the trick!!!
    Everything works as I suspected it should do. Switching back and forth to visualisation, tracklist and lyrics doesn't result in a different behaviour as before. Even the Fanart-plugin now reads it all fine before and after switching.

Thank you very much for your effort, without you're input and reflection I probably wouldn't thought of that.
    :D

Only thing that leaves is the display of the sleevepic in the tracklist, But that's a not so big deal for me. Probably that will be solved if the albumart for each album isn't sorted by artist + album title but album artist + album title is used.
    In retrospect we could see that as maybe the only "bug".

Should I report this as a bug or are you bringing this under attention?

greetings Gijs

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Already asked a developer to look at it, he just need some free time to do it ;)

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom