Display non english folder name, subtitle, etc. (1 Viewer)

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
I am not 100% sure I understand it correctly.

So I went into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Titanium Extended\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended\fonts"

Changed the file name to Arial.desc, ArialBold.desc and inside the content

From
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FontFamily Name="Titan" Ttf="Titan.ttf"/>

To
<FontFamily Name="Arial" Ttf="ARIAUNI.TTF"/>

and default-font.xml

<Font FontFamily="Arial" FontSize="30"/>

Copy font file ARIAUNI.TTF into the folder.

mrj

Portal Pro
January 27, 2012
I have not tried it either.
But as stated in post #8 in the thread
But arial doesn't have chinese chars. You should use "Arial Unicode MS" with font file "ARIALUNI.TTF" - pls check first if it is installed on your PC

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
I have installed Arial Unicode MS.

I am not sure what they mean change the file name to arial.desc and arialbold.desc or I should keep the name Titan.desc and TitanBold.desc and change the content.

Last edited:

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
This work for Titanium Extended but not the default.

I tried to put them into the default theme folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\fonts" but got an errors. I think cannot change the file name.

I even tried to edit the Default.desc and DefaultBold.desc to put ARIALUNI.TTF into it but the same. The only way to get it to work is to rename ARIALUNI.TTF to fira-sans.book.TTF and fira-sans.semibold.TTF to replace it.

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-25_16-10-5.png
    upload_2019-5-25_16-10-5.png
    267.8 KB
Last edited:

mrj

Portal Pro
January 27, 2012
If you want to add Chinese to all skins and themes
I have found these folders
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\fonts
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SkinBase\Skin\default\fonts
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Titanium Extended\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended\fonts
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\WMCSkin\Skin\WMCSkin\fonts
mrj

mrj

Portal Pro
January 27, 2012
Editing the files in the "Program files" folder is problematic. That is why I wrote copy the supplied files to the font folder.
You need to be Administrator to do so. Do not have MP2 running while you copy the files.

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
If you want to add Chinese to all skins and themes
I have found these folders
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\fonts
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SkinBase\Skin\default\fonts
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Titanium Extended\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended\fonts
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\WMCSkin\Skin\WMCSkin\fonts
mrj

Only Titanium Extended works after copied your files directly into the fonts folder, I have backup and removed those files currently in those folders before the copy.

Attachments

• errorloadskin.JPG
    errorloadskin.JPG
    83.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom