Displaying high resolution cover art in Now Playing (1 Viewer)

boombastic

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Have you embedded the hi-res cover art in the music files themselves (ID-3 Tags) as per step 3?

The idea is to force MP to use the ID-3 tag.

Otherwise ... no idea sorry

I think so!
This is what i get from MPTagThat:

embedded.jpg

is that right?:D

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Looks like it. But I think you need to make sure that the picture embedded is in JPG format. Try "Export Picture" and see how it exports.

Also mine shows "Cover.jpg" as description but it shouldn't matter.

MTT.JPG

HTH

boombastic

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Nothing to do!Exactly the same configuration: i embedded the cover.jpg file into the tag,performed a full rescan of the database but still no cover image in Now Playing.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nothing to do!Exactly the same configuration: i embedded the cover.jpg file into the tag,performed a full rescan of the database but still no cover image in Now Playing.

try deleting all the music thumbs via config app and the do a full re-scan (you did untick the only update new / changed files ?)

also just try with blue3Wide skin and see if you get cover art shown in now-playing there

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How big are the embedded pictures? Maybe there's a limit to the size of the pictures displayed by MP.

Any thing in the logs?

Cheers,

JM

boombastic

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007

try deleting all the music thumbs via config app and the do a full re-scan (you did untick the only update new / changed files ?)

also just try with blue3Wide skin and see if you get cover art shown in now-playing there

With Blu3wide the cover is shown so it's a problem with my installation onf StreamedMP.

I must reinstall it as soon as i have a bit of time....

dint10

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi there - I have followed your guide also and overall I am very happy with the results.

However - I have noticed something which I wonder if could be improved?

I have my music listed in MP in Album Artists List view.

If I am inside the folders A, B, C etc I see the artists in that folder Abba, AC/DC... Bad company, Buggles etc etc.

If I select an artist's folder and enter that, I then see a list of all the albums by that artist.

If I then move down the list of all albums by said artist I see, on the left of the screen, a large picture of the CD cover for each album.

Now - this image MUST be coming from the embedded JPEG. I know this because I have followed your guide and I do not allow images to come from anywhere else. I have spent a very long time downloading hi res images from AlbumartExchange.

So - does anyone know why it is, then, that [although good] the quality of this image is not as good as when I select an individual album and click into that - so I see list of all tracks in that album on the right of the screen and large album cover on left.

I can't figure it out. It must be the same image - and it occupies the same screen area/space - but it's just not as sharp.

It's not like it's bad [so I can live with it] but ideally I would like the quality to be as good as when I select an individual album and display that.

Anyone have any ideas?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Anyone have any ideas?

Just had a very quick look and tracks and albums both use exactly the same code to set their thumbs.. so they should in theory be no different. Not that it should make a difference but what skin are you using?

dint10

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm in StreamedMP.

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom