Displaying Series Name in Episode View (1 Viewer)

MiamiBeach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Miami Beach, FL
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't figure it out. I am trying to display the Series Name (i.e. "Seinfeld") in the Episode View. Unfortunately #TVSeries.Title displays the episode name in Episode view. Is there a property that is view independent (I thought it would be something like #TVSeries.Series.Title but it's not :confused:).

There's probably a very simple answer that I am missing.

:D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Basically you can use all Database fields as properties, the easiest way to get a list of them open the database in DB Editor e.g. SQLite Database Browser.

You can then use all the field names from the episode/series tables.

MiamiBeach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Miami Beach, FL
    Basically you can use all Database fields as properties, the easiest way to get a list of them open the database in DB Editor e.g. SQLite Database Browser.

You can then use all the field names from the episode/series tables.
    Thanks, that worked great for Series properties, however, I can't seem to get the Season properties to work. For example I want to display the Series Name and Season in episode view (i.e. Seinfeld Season 1), but both #TVSeries.Season.SeasonIndex and #TVSeries.Series.SeasonIndex don't work. Where can I find the mapping between the second element (after #TVSeries) and the table name? For example, #TVSeries.Series maps to online_series.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    You could could create a control with this label in your episode view:

#TVSeries.Series.Pretty_Name Season #TVSeries.Episode.SeasonIndex

That would create a string like: "24 Season 1"

MiamiBeach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Miami Beach, FL
    :oops:

Sorry, I had made an unrelated mistake which I didn't include in this post which prevented me from doing what I was trying to do.

I did try #TVSeries.Episode.SeasonIndex before, but my syntax was:

<label>#TVSeries.Series.Pretty_Name (Season #TVSeries.Episode.SeasonIndex)</label>

I didn't realize (until now) that a space is required after the property. Now that I added the space everything is working great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    P TV recording not displaying episode titles or going into series General 10
    A Mediaportal 2.2.1 - Some series posters not displaying General 6
    horned_reaper [solved] ID3 tag album cover is not displayed Fanart Handler 62
    F 1.25.0 Display corruption Bugreports 0
    M Problems with VFD Display after standby- Futaba DM140GINK Mini Display 0
    D Display Day of week in TV Guide? Feature Requests 0
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Tool to display time of next recording MediaPortal 1 0
    X [solved] Display needs to be turned on for TV services to function General 1
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
    S Mini Display MP 1.24 no Volume OSD no action for keys Mini Display 0
    M [Suche] Display Futaba mdm166a Marktplatz 0
    N [fixed] [MP2-822] Folder View is not displaying individual media share elements Submit: Bug Reports 4
    HTPCSourcer Special (foreign) characters don't display correctly in EPG MediaPortal 2 4
    P Recommendations for Spectrum Analyzer/VU Metre/Graphical EQ for second display General 0
    azzuro [fixed] [MP2-813] Album artist filter wrong display Submit: Bug Reports 75
    Dark Eyes Display subtitles on a separate display or device MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    S Display non english folder name, subtitle, etc. General 23
    S [solved] Movie SRT subtitle didn't display on client 2.2 Archive 18
    M [Pending] Fix for Inconsistent date display in TV Guide Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.) 1
    drumrob Inconsistent date display in TV Guide 1.22 Pre Release 15
    H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
    T Moving Pictures...seem to have 'lost' ability to display Movie info. (eg Resolution/Audio) Moving Pictures 2
    HTPCSourcer [fixed] [MP2-794] Genre filtering always displays English strings MediaPortal 2 9
    S Something is just not right (Display) Newcomers Forum 1
    S Display driver failed to start, using microsoft basic display driver instead General Support 23