DM-140GINK Demo (msi media live) and minidisplay problem (1 Viewer)

teo406

Portal Member
July 1, 2007
If someone could help me. I read all posts regarding this device. First, i had install the drivers from msi VFD 2.70 . The device under device manager shows as composite devise with VID 040B and PID 7001 DM-140GINK Demo. So i uninstalled drivers from add remove programs, and device manager show tha the composite device has the driver usbccgp.sys . If i open minidisplay and select the driver DM-140GINK Demo the test is ok, but when i'm trying to open media portal it freezes on staqrting plugins... (tested with media portal stable and svn).
My questions are, do i have to change the driver in device manager and with what, and second, where i can find an older driver from msi for this VFD display. It's from msi media live pc.

MediaPortal 1.1.0 stable is working fine.

Last edited:

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It would help if you would add your system specs to your profile, so we can see what OS you are using.
    I have an HTPC based on the FSC ScaleoE, which has the same VFD. Under Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit) it works fine with *no* installed driver, just by selecting the "Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo EV VFD driver.." from the MiniDisplay configuration drop-down list. My understanding is that you do not need a driver in Device Manager. In fact, in Windows 7, I can't even find the VFD in Device Manager. I suggest you try the configuration I described above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom