DM-140GINK Demo (msi media live) and minidisplay problem

Discussion in 'Mini Display' started by teo406, July 13, 2012.

1. teo406

teo406 Portal User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If someone could help me. I read all posts regarding this device. First, i had install the drivers from msi VFD 2.70 . The device under device manager shows as composite devise with VID 040B and PID 7001 DM-140GINK Demo. So i uninstalled drivers from add remove programs, and device manager show tha the composite device has the driver usbccgp.sys . If i open minidisplay and select the driver DM-140GINK Demo the test is ok, but when i'm trying to open media portal it freezes on staqrting plugins... (tested with media portal stable and svn).
    My questions are, do i have to change the driver in device manager and with what, and second, where i can find an older driver from msi for this VFD display. It's from msi media live pc.

MediaPortal 1.1.0 stable is working fine.

Last edited: July 13, 2012
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

rsbrux Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    It would help if you would add your system specs to your profile, so we can see what OS you are using.
    I have an HTPC based on the FSC ScaleoE, which has the same VFD. Under Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit) it works fine with *no* installed driver, just by selecting the "Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo EV VFD driver.." from the MiniDisplay configuration drop-down list. My understanding is that you do not need a driver in Device Manager. In fact, in Windows 7, I can't even find the VFD in Device Manager. I suggest you try the configuration I described above.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!