Do a Fast TV channel scan(UK DVB) (< 20 seconds) (1 Viewer)

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Maybe a stupid question, but how do you know which Transmitter you're receiving your signal from?

I know the old which way's your aerial pointing answer, but what if you have more than one in the general direction?!

Try the tool on this [thread=13550]thread[/thread]

Gives an output like this; helped me confirm which transmitter I was picking up.

-- snip

# 482000kHz
    # signal locked = Y present = Y stength = 45 quality = 60

============================================================================

Frequency = 482000kHz

Network_1("Crystal Palace", 481833, 8, 1)
    #Alternate frequencies
    #Network_1("Crystal Palace", 658166, 8, 1)
    #Network_1("Crystal Palace", 746000, 8, 1)
    #Network_1("Crystal Palace", 474000, 8, 1)
    Program_ 1("ITV1" , 8261, 520, 521, 256) # LCN=3
    Program_ 2("ITV1" , 8261, 520, 522, 256) #
    -- snip

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

please can you add this for Rowridge transmitter in UK.

<country name="UK - Rowridge" offset="167">
    <carrier frequency="490000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="514000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="530000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="546000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="562000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="570000" bandwidth="8" />
    </country>

Thanks

Still no sign of appearing in SVN?????

netgroover

Portal Member
    December 8, 2006
    England
    Home Country
    ALL UK Transmitters here!!! **Attention Developers**

After having heaps of trouble with reception on computer-based TV cards, and not on my standalone digital boxes. I decided to find out exactly which channels my local transmitter (Waltham) broadcast on, and the result was amazing, perfect reception!

So as this is a community project I decided to contribute by researching all (I think) UK Transmitters and producing the attached text file, which should make life easy for all UK users.

The only problem is that the list is fairly extensive(!), so maybe it would be a good idea for the Developers to have a seperate drop-down list for Countries? i.e. one for Countries and then one for the Transmitters in that Country. Just a suggestion...

If you don't know what transmitter(s) are near you, look at this link http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/coverage.html, which has a handy post code search.

For anyone that's interested in how I did it, the list is based on the UHF Channels that the Transmitters broadcast on, cross-referenced with a list of what frequency (mhz) matches the UHF Channels. The resulting list was then formatted into the dvbt.xml file format.

Hope it's what you need and saves you the hours I endured fixing my reception!!

Netgroover
    :D

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    Thanks for the good work, though note - offsets are not always to be applied I think.
    e.g. I use the following for Mendip with offset set to *zero* - as the last multiplex doesn't require the 167 offset.

<carrier frequency="778167" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="746167" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="802167" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="826167" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="754167" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="842000" bandwidth="8" />

litto43ph

January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    I believe that these were all for the terrestial channel, but what if i want to add transponder channels (satellite) in my Tunning parameter list , can i use this set-up also? I just want to add my transponder channels that does not included in the TPL list. Can you please help?

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    transmitter.txt has been merged into svn. As some regions have changed now (some have less frequencies listed in netgroover's list), you guys have to check if it still includes all needed freqs for your region. If not, we have to revert some back.

Sidenote: Next time better submit such long lists to SourceForge, patches section. That way it gets the attention of us devs and doesn't get lost. Better than crossposting. :p

netgroover

Portal Member
    December 8, 2006
    England
    Home Country
    transmitter.txt has been merged into svn. As some regions have changed now (some have less frequencies listed in netgroover's list), you guys have to check if it still includes all needed freqs for your region. If not, we have to revert some back.

This is great news for all UK Users, :D though as you say people need to check for correctness, especially as I am relying on Internet sources that may be incorrect/outdated.

Any thoughts on my suggestion about adding a country filter to the Setup Program?

Sidenote: Next time better submit such long lists to SourceForge, patches section. That way it gets the attention of us devs and doesn't get lost. Better than crossposting. :p

By the way I have no idea what crossposting is or what rules I have broken whilst trying to help the Project?! :sorry: However, was the infraction (whatever that is) really necessary? I have no idea what Sourceforge is, how to access it, and that you check it. So any information on this would be most useful for me and probably other users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom