Do I need MPSync Plugin to get Live tv to work ?? (1 Viewer)

Ole Friis Heesgaard

Portal Member
September 7, 2012
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi
Have just setup "MPExtended WebMediaPortal" on my 1.4 final client/server system.
Everything went fine: MPExtended Service 0.5.3, iisexpress_1_11_x86_en-US and MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.3

Now for the test: http://localhost:8080/ give the right interface :)

My recorded tv programs playing "perfect" (little bit stuttering)

But when I come to Live TV, everything went fine (the guide shows up) but when I choose one channel SD / HD and press "Watch live" the player windows shows up and nothing is happening.

All I get is a black window with a VLC logo in the middle.

Do I need MPSync Plugin to get Live tv to work ??

Or what am I doing wrong ??

BR
OFH

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's a bug in 0.5.3, will be fixed in 0.5.4, meanwhile you can try to use the Direct streaming mode.

Furthermore, is the IP address of your server really 172.16.0.30 and not something in the 192.168.x.x range? There might be another bug too.

Do I need MPSync Plugin to get Live tv to work ??
    Not sure where you got that from, but no, MPExtended has nothing to do with the MPSync plugin.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Ole Friis Heesgaard

Portal Member
    September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @Oxan
    After change stream type to "Direct" it was possible to se livetv :)

Thereafter I make a NAT-rule/portforward in my firewall "all ip addresses on WAN ----> LAN ip-address of my WebMediaPortal on port 8080"
    That work great (I tested over a remote VPN) and the web login page show up asking for login and password.
    I can see the tv guide, but no tv signal is showing up, no matter what stream type (Flash HD,HQ - - - - - - - -) I choose.
    Do I miss other ports in my firewall ????
    BR
    OFH

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, you're hitting a bug in MPExtended here.

To be clear:
    - The Direct streaming mode only works on the LAN, doesn't work over the internet.
    - The Proxied streaming mode always works.
    - However, in v0.5.3 the Proxied streaming mode doesn't work in combination with the "Direct" profile. This is fixed in v0.5.4.

For now, you can either switch to Proxied now and use the Flash profiles until 0.5.4 is released, or don't stream over the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom