Does MP support this model remote? (1 Viewer)

clivegriffiths

Portal Member
November 3, 2005
Okay, I'm planning to install MP on my sisters PC and I'm having trouble getting a Microsoft MCE 2005 remote from my usual sources (both out of stock), plus I just remember its an OEM product, so I need to buy something else with it to satisfy the Windows OEM conditons, so I figured I'd give eBay a try and found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-Win...826342868QQcategoryZ51086QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem . Its cheaper than the latest Microsoft MCE 2005 remote (which is what I have) according to the seller is an earlier version, without the four colored buttons at the bottom. So my question is, will it work out of the box with MP?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Better to avoid the one pictured in the auction, it lacks the all important coloured buttons, these allow you to toggle between fullscreen and windowed media playback, invoke the context-menu, return to home and aspect ratio selection.

clivegriffiths

Portal Member
November 3, 2005
Smirnuff said:
Better to avoid the one pictured in the auction, it lacks the all important coloured buttons, these allow you to toggle between fullscreen and windowed media playback, invoke the context-menu, return to home and aspect ratio selection.
Okay, fair enough. Anyone know of an UK online retailers that sell the Microsoft MCE 2005 remote kit. Both I know both ebuyer and scan.co.uk normally have them, but both are currently out of stock! Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom