Does MP support two identical DVB-T cards? (1 Viewer)

onetoomany4

Portal Member
December 23, 2005
.. or should I go and buy a second but different card?

MP Version: 0.2.0RC2 (+ latest CVSs)
Windows Version: XP ProSP2
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3000
Memory: 512Mb
Motherboard Chipset: ASUS
Video Card: Radeon Sapphire 9600 (running standard WinXP driver, as bug in Radeon/ATI driver for 1280x768 resolution)
TV Card 1: ADS InstantTV DVB-T
TV Card 2: ADS InstantTV DVB-T
Case: Accent HT-400
Remote: iMon Pad Remote
VFD: iMon VFD USB

If I use the auto tune, the second card finds no channels. (note, both cards have been tested independently of each other).
If I assign the channels that were found on card 1 to card 2, I get the blue screen of death when I boot Media Portal.

If two identical cards are supported, how do I fix this?
If they aren't supported, what is a safe DVB-T card to go for? (I've already returned a Hauppauge card for only managing to tune 4 channels out of 50 and destroying my ADS drivers...)

Thanks

Richard.

ps. Log of where the blue screen of death happens:
http://www.birty.net/upload/getfile.asp?path={FD906742-6952-46C1-857D-C44DF8886BF8}&file=MediaPortal.log

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Richard,

MP should work with two identically cards. Unfortunatly there seems to be a bug causing MP to grab the wrong filters. This might cause your troubles.

Are you using RC2?
    If so, please test this patched version:
    http://www.planetgrafe.net/mp/MediaPortal.zip

Easiest way would be a different second card I assume. ;)
    I do not have a recommendation, not using DVB-T currently...

Flip

onetoomany4

Portal Member
    December 23, 2005
    Thanks for these file Flip. This is definately getting closer! I look forwards to when this is part of the CVS build.

I'm running the CVSs from last night (1/1/6), and your code is from the 20/12/05 - I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Anyway, tests I've run:
    Tuning - works fine. This scans and finds channels for both cards. After tuning, all 56 channels are assigned to both cards.

Watching TV - no issues

Recording TV - unable to record two channels at once, or watch one and record another. No error / warning is made on screen. No entry is made for the recording. Rather full error log.

Error log from recording posted at:
    http://www.birty.net/upload/getfile.asp?path={752C6940-73BB-4836-BC84-930056379ECA}&file=error.log

Richard.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Richard,

Have a look at this post on 2+ DVB cards. Applying the update mentioned there fixed my problems with recording and watching with 2 DVB-T cards..... :)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Richard,

nice it works...somewhat. ;) Looks as if we were on the right way. Could you also please post the mediaportal.log? Just a short run of MP.

Flip

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Funny thing is that I use two identical cards (Compro t-300s) with no problems at all, since late .1.3 CVS. I'm now on .2rc2 and again, all works great.
    I have heard that people have issues with two dvicos, so it may depend on the cards used.

I think Taipan also mentioned a while ago that it also depends on whether the BDA drivers allow separate access.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Funny thing is that I use two identical cards (Compro t-300s) with no problems at all, since late .1.3 CVS. I'm now on .2rc2 and again, all works great.

MP v.2 RC1 with latest CVS on a Win MCE base

Thats why, windows MCE is not effect with the problem, and the files we need to 'fix' windows xp come from there.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    aha, I didn't know this. I just thought a new update to MP solved the issue.

I have a friend who's buying a second t300 for MP on my recommendation that it works. Do you have any info on which files? He's on XP Pro.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Both files are in Windows\system32

Psisdecd.dll and mpeg2data.ax, both version 6.5.2710.2732 You will need to place the files elsewhere though and reregister them. If you try and overwrite windows will replace the files at reboot. A lot of painful effort to stop it doing this (which I bothered to do) until someone on IRC said you can simply move the files elsewhere and windows wont do this.

If you need the files PM.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Excellent, thanks for the tip.

It never occurred to me that they started working when I installed MCE. I gave up on dual cards until a couple of months after MCE was installed. Buy then I never saw the connection and simply thought it was a CVS thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom