MP2 - V2.1 Does MP2.1 support auto import when new items added? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am not entirely sure I am using the right search terms as I have not come up with any hits but over the last week with MP 2.1 I have noticed every time I check Media sources overview that an import of both movies and TV are already in progress. Does MP2.1 auto import with new items added to series and movies or is my system just stuck or really slow? New stuff does eventually show up but it is many hours beyond my manual monitoring of the systems. Dedicated server logs are below just in case. I have deleted the database and reimported once which was painful with thousands of movies and series but the behavior has stayed constant throughout.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Does MP2.1 auto import with new items added to series and movies
    MP 2.1 has a file system watcher feature. If new files are added to a media share a "fast import" is triggered. It may take some minutes before this happens. This delay is to prevent running imports while new files are still copied. Opposite to a full refresh this only import new files and leave others untouched. In MP 2.0 this feature only was available for TV Recordings, now it is available for all sources.

There is a known issue with the file system watcher. It is working perfect short after a MP 2.1 installation. But when the installation is getting older the FSW is getting more and more unreliable. Sadly up to now nobody knows why.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    Thanks, that pretty well explains what I am seeing. I hope someone figures it out, restarting the service helps some but some new items take over 12 hours to import which is a bit excessive.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    I wish that were the case. I have been trying to get some new stuff to show up for several days now, now that I think about it it's everything I added since installing pre2 on the 13th that hasn't shown up. One thing I keep finding in the logs is some of the new items the system thinks already exist and suspends the importworker while clients still show a import going on.

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
    which is followed by
    [2017-02-15 23:27:21,993] [29821 ] [82 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker.ImportJob(#2).MediaItemSaveBlock: MediaLibrary disconnected. Requesting suspension...
    [2017-02-15 23:27:23,813] [31641 ] [64 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker.ImportJob(#2): Suspended
    [2017-02-15 23:27:23,814] [31642 ] [64 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker.ImportJob(#1): Suspended
    [2017-02-15 23:27:23,814] [31642 ] [64 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker.ImportJob(#3): Suspended
    [2017-02-15 23:27:23,815] [31643 ] [64 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Suspended (3 ImportJobs pending)
    [2017-02-15 23:27:23,823] [31651 ] [64 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: 1 % completed (3 ImportJob(s), in total 119 of 9205 so far identified resources processed)

I have removed the item that hangs a few times and it finds something else to hang on.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    The default for Sharewatcher is OFF Sorry @HTPCSourcer but it is still default to off.

As for @JSchuricht the logs show
    [2017-02-15 23:26:59,616] [7444 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - MediaLibrary: Share watcher not enabled for path {03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////SPACEKATT/Movies
    [2017-02-15 23:26:59,617] [7445 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - MediaLibrary: Share watcher not enabled for path {03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////SPACEKATT/TV

If you go back into the configuration for shares, click on one of them and then the Edit Share, you can step back thru the configuration and at one point you will see a Button to Enable Sharewatcher for that share.
    Once its done, its on and any changes will be seen within minutes

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    Thanks, that made a difference.
    I enabled sharewatcher for both movies and series. Initially it did nothing but the imports stopped so I restarted them. That also didn't appear to be doing anything, numbers of movies/series stayed the same and no activity on the server. Restarting the MP2 server service got everything moving on movies anyways, still watching to see if the new series stuff shows up.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    Alright, this isn't really fixed. I am not seeing new movies and series except under browse media which is really slow and doesn't always work (this view could not be built). Import seems to be continuously running but the server doesn't appear to be doing anything, even the logs don't show much activity. Restarting the server service sometimes imports new stuff but it's inconsistent.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom