Does Schedules Direct work with mp 1.24? (1 Viewer)

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can anyone please confirm that Schedules Direct does in fact work with mp 1.24? I had it working perfectly with version 1.16 (I believe that was the version) but have since been paying for Schedules Direct and have not yet been able to use it with mp 1.24.

Please let me know if SD works with mp 1.24, this is VERY frustrating not being able to use SD while paying for it. I have not seen anywhere on this site that says that it doesn't work with mp 1.24 but need assistance to get it working.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have especially from those who have it working currently.

Thanks, Dave

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have never used an internet EPG with MP (in the UK we have a 7-day EPG that is broadcast embedded in the TV signals), but I did this:
    • Downloaded the "Schedules Direct" plugin prepared by @Jasmeet_181, from this post.
    • Opened a command window with "Run as Administrator".
    • Invoked the Schedules Direct installer from the command line.
    • Rebooted after install was finished.
    This is what I see in "TV Server Config":

plugins2.jpg plugin_restart.jpg schedules_direct.jpg

It looks as though it will work correctly, but I don't have a "Schedules Direct" subscription, so did not test this further. I did this on 64-bit Windows 7. If you are using Windows 8 or 10, it is possible that there is some other problem.

If you still cannot get this to work, I would suggest uninstalling MP completely, deleting the "Team MediaPortal" folders in both "ProgramData" and "Program Files" (so that you have a clean system), and then re-installing. Note: this will retain your recordings, music, and pictures, but will remove all settings, and (I think) artwork.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you CyberSimian.

Now, how does one "Invoked the Schedules Direct installer from the command line. "? I have command line and I just typed the name of the downloaded file but it is not recognized as a valid file. Is there a separate INSTALLER that I need?

Many thanks.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    how does one "Invoked the Schedules Direct installer from the command line. "? I have command line and I just typed the name of the downloaded file but it is not recognized as a valid file.
    In Windows, there are associations between file extensions and the programs that process files with those extensions. For example, there might be an association between files with the extension "TXT" and the program "Notepad.exe". If you type "name.ext" on the command line, Windows looks in its definitions to find the corresponding program, and then invokes that program for you.

On my HTPC, the file extension "MPE1" has an association that causes Windows to invoke the MPE Installer. So simply by typing the name plus file extension on the command line and pressing ENTER results in the MP extension being installed. Type:

"SchedulesDirectPlugin-1.11.0.3_unofficial.mpe1"

Notice that the string typed is enclosed in double-quotes. This is mandatory for filespecs containing blanks or other special characters, although in this case they are not necessary. If the file is not in the current folder, you need to type the drive and path too.

If you do not normally use the command line, a simpler way is to use "Windows Explorer" to navigate to the folder containing the file, right click the file, and select "Run as Administrator". I am not actually sure that running as the administrator is necessary, but it won't do any harm, and it might do some good.

The association for MPE1 should be created when you install MP. If you are missing this extension, it suggests that there was an error with the installation of MP. You can use the ASSOC command to review the associations defined on your system. On the command line type:

assoc >assoc.txt

This will produce a file called "assoc.txt" which you can look at to see what associations you have. I have just tried this on my Windows XP system, and I have 775 associations defined. :eek:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom