Dog Bollox setup - won't play most DVD's? (1 Viewer)

ChEeSyBoOfS

Portal Member
July 27, 2006
Welcome to the conversation mbuzina, better late than never I suppose. As stated above I now have retail DVD working FULLY under WMP10,

pf.jpg

dvdcodec.jpg

And so it should work fully under Media Portal but when I first fire up play DVD under mp its black. I can hear sound but the screen remains black. I select stop then play again and then I can see the DVD menu. I select play movie and the screen goes black again. I select stop and resume again, and sometime the film plays but more often than not it remains black.
Again all is fine under WMP10 so should be fully working under MP.

Just like this post here, https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=6463&highlight=black+screen

Any thoughts?

Regards

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And so it should work fully under Media Portal but when I first fire up play DVD under mp its black. I can hear sound but the screen remains black. I select stop then play again and then I can see the DVD menu. I select play movie and the screen goes black again. I select stop and resume again, and sometime the film plays but more often than not it remains black.
    Again all is fine under WMP10 so should be fully working under MP.

Any thoughts?

Regards

As stated above as well, what are your settings in the DVD section (not the screenshot you placed here, this is the movie settings!)?

But well, if you are sure they are correct, than I can not help.

**** EDIT ****
    Somehow overlooked the fact that this has 4 Pages. I do not know why I suddenly can post way up the thread... Must be related to the new forum platform. Forget my remarks.

ChEeSyBoOfS

Portal Member
    July 27, 2006
    Right, disabled FFDshow post processing and it works evrytime on all DVD's. I now have a tearing issue to resolve but I'm getting there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom