Downgrade From MP2 to MP1 Advice

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by Bob Belcher, July 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bob Belcher

Bob Belcher New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    Hey,

I’m trying to find find any posts on downgrading from MP2 to MP1, but coming up short.

I originally installed MP2 thinking it was the better option(did little research) however after setting up my movie and series archive in detail, I’ve realized every plugin, addon, or skin that peaks my interest is only for MP1.xxx versions.

Any advice/instructions on how to downgrade to MP1 from MP2 while keeping all current settings and structure in place?

Thanks in advance!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,293 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    MP2 is not an upgrade of MP1, so also a downgrade as you think is not possible.
    You need to uninstall MP2, install MP1 and start from beginning. Only for TV channels you have the chance to export them in MP2 and reimport in MP1. The TVEngine is the only common part beween both.

Which plugins are you missing in MP1? MP2 has most features directly included, so perhaps you were just not aware of it.

4. Bob Belcher

Bob Belcher New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks ge2301!

Yeah ok I completely understand what you saying, I though perhaps there was a userdata folder to backup like when changing Kodi builds, but see what you mean now.

So considering they are essentially 2 seperate pieces of software, can I install MP1 without it affecting MP2, so that I can just run MP2 for reference to settings and data sources I want the same?

Plugins such as trailers - to view the theatrical trailer of movie before viewing, and emulator -to launch system installed games(trying to set up a media/game centre in one, with MP “acting” as the OS) attached to lounge TV.

5. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Yes. Deactivate the MP2 Server service in Windows, then install MP1. To switch systems again, deactivate the MP1 TVService, then restart the MP2 Server service.

This plugin also exists for MP2.

6. Bob Belcher

Bob Belcher New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks HTPCSourcer!!

Ok awesome, the trailers part is just a needed addition for me as the main setup is in a media room and would like family and guests to be able to see trailers for movie. Its cool though, worth me doing the extra work, I love this software and has completely fulfilled our homes media needs for all pc-connected TVs.

7. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    There was some discussion about trailers (see here) but I don't know the latest status as I haven't been very active in the last six months. @aspik : anything added in this direction in the new version?

8. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +581 / 1
    I'm surprised being tagged here :) What new version do you mean? I'm guessing you have the trakt plugin in mind because there was a trailer feature request too.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!