Downgrade From MP2 to MP1 Advice (1 Viewer)

Bob Belcher

July 4, 2018
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hey,

I’m trying to find find any posts on downgrading from MP2 to MP1, but coming up short.

I originally installed MP2 thinking it was the better option(did little research) however after setting up my movie and series archive in detail, I’ve realized every plugin, addon, or skin that peaks my interest is only for MP1.xxx versions.

Any advice/instructions on how to downgrade to MP1 from MP2 while keeping all current settings and structure in place?

Thanks in advance!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,

I’m trying to find find any posts on downgrading from MP2 to MP1, but coming up short.

I originally installed MP2 thinking it was the better option(did little research) however after setting up my movie and series archive in detail, I’ve realized every plugin, addon, or skin that peaks my interest is only for MP1.xxx versions.

Any advice/instructions on how to downgrade to MP1 from MP2 while keeping all current settings and structure in place?

Thanks in advance!

MP2 is not an upgrade of MP1, so also a downgrade as you think is not possible.
    You need to uninstall MP2, install MP1 and start from beginning. Only for TV channels you have the chance to export them in MP2 and reimport in MP1. The TVEngine is the only common part beween both.

Which plugins are you missing in MP1? MP2 has most features directly included, so perhaps you were just not aware of it.

Bob Belcher

July 4, 2018
    Home Country
    Thanks ge2301!

Yeah ok I completely understand what you saying, I though perhaps there was a userdata folder to backup like when changing Kodi builds, but see what you mean now.

So considering they are essentially 2 seperate pieces of software, can I install MP1 without it affecting MP2, so that I can just run MP2 for reference to settings and data sources I want the same?

Plugins such as trailers - to view the theatrical trailer of movie before viewing, and emulator -to launch system installed games(trying to set up a media/game centre in one, with MP “acting” as the OS) attached to lounge TV.

Bob Belcher

July 4, 2018
    Home Country
    Thanks HTPCSourcer!!

Ok awesome, the trailers part is just a needed addition for me as the main setup is in a media room and would like family and guests to be able to see trailers for movie. Its cool though, worth me doing the extra work, I love this software and has completely fulfilled our homes media needs for all pc-connected TVs.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the trailers part is just a needed addition for me
    There was some discussion about trailers (see here) but I don't know the latest status as I haven't been very active in the last six months. @aspik : anything added in this direction in the new version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom