downgrading to windows 7 to run media portal (1 Viewer)

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
United Kingdom United Kingdom
upgraded from win7 to win8 for windows media center for which there was no improvement so ive had media portal on test for a few weeks now (very happy with it). however it seems to have a problem with the tv service crashing and no one seems to know why so im going to downgrade to win7 again hoping this will solve the problem. before i try all this, do i have to install any codec packs in order to get media portal working once installed on win7?

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
ok thats great hope the tv service bugs gets sorted for win8 in meantime on to win7....again lol

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
think its an issue with the tbs card im using just wont stop recording one channel when i tell it to stop recording it crashes the system

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I don't think the patch is related, it is used by alot of people and nobody reported a problem to us so far. And I'm also not aware of any support requests which TBS received
    I don't even know if he uses the patch... because we don't have logs. The patch is only relevant if he wants to use encrypted channels or Diseq.

Hopefully this helped, otherwise just ask :)

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    thanks for taking the time to reply. ive attached the system logs would love to get it working on 8.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    HTPCSourcer [Proposal] Enable downgrading an installation MediaPortal 2 2
    Mr6686 [solved] Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 downgrade at installation of MediaPortal Installation, configuration support 2
    N [Question] How easy is it to downgrade from MP2 to MP1 MediaPortal 1 17
    Bob Belcher Downgrade From MP2 to MP1 Advice Installation, configuration support 6
    vvulture Using Windows 10 MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    Golf4 Nach Windows-Updates läuft TV-Plugin nicht mehr Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    Dark Eyes Updated to Windows 10, now TVServer won't work Installation, configuration support 1
    rsbrux Operating System Win 10 vs. 8.1 Operating System 2
    M.Hulot Moving Pictures lässt sich nach Windows-Update nicht mehr öffnen Plugins & Erweiterungen 1
    O Analog Angel USB TV Tuner on Windows 7 Ultimate Newcomers Forum 7
    L Mediaportal 1.21 and Windows 10: user schedules de-activated when powerscheduler plugin is selected General Support 1
    R Problem with MP1 and WifiRemote Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI) 8
    R Directx 9.0 June 2010 does not install on Windows 10 x64, ends up with weird failure / no debug file Installation, configuration support 0
    W windows 7 and mediaportal 1.22 and 1.23 installer problem General Support 2
    D [solved] Active Movie window General 2
    TLD Windows 10 1903 feature update General Support 3
    A Problem Windows 10 64 bit prof. Update auf Version 1903(gelöst) Installationsprobleme? 0
    T No TV after updating Windows 10 to latest Version 1903 / OS build 18362.175 (logs attached) General Support 2
    T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
    P WMC on Windows 7 migrating to Media Portal on Windows 10 Newcomers Forum 5
    R [solved] Hide Windows 10 volume OSD Feature Requests 3
    F [solved] Mediaportal (1 oder 2) Installation mit Fehler bei DirectX9.0 unter Windows 10 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 10
    HTPCSourcer [Rejected] Mouse movements and focus: Windows standards MediaPortal 2 3
    D [solved] HID remote for mp2 and w10 64 bit? using all tools: sony, cisco, homeworkx ng General 2
    Lehmden MP2 client for Windows 10 ARM, possible? Maybe an UWP version could do the trick... MediaPortal 2 11