downgrading to windows 7 to run media portal (1 Viewer)

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
upgraded from win7 to win8 for windows media center for which there was no improvement so ive had media portal on test for a few weeks now (very happy with it). however it seems to have a problem with the tv service crashing and no one seems to know why so im going to downgrade to win7 again hoping this will solve the problem. before i try all this, do i have to install any codec packs in order to get media portal working once installed on win7?

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
Home Country
ok thats great hope the tv service bugs gets sorted for win8 in meantime on to win7....again lol

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
Home Country
think its an issue with the tbs card im using just wont stop recording one channel when i tell it to stop recording it crashes the system

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think the patch is related, it is used by alot of people and nobody reported a problem to us so far. And I'm also not aware of any support requests which TBS received
    I don't even know if he uses the patch... because we don't have logs. The patch is only relevant if he wants to use encrypted channels or Diseq.

Hopefully this helped, otherwise just ask :)

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    thanks for taking the time to reply. ive attached the system logs would love to get it working on 8.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom