Downloadable 'country packs' (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Thnx!

maxtrash said:
some stuff isn't really country specific btw.

I know, felt like doing it this 'cos you'll end up downloading/installing them anyway.

maxtrash said:
Can the program be reused for other countries as well?

Yes it is quite easy to set up. I use the InnoSetup program with the ISTool. http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

I will try doing a "sample package" that you can play with if you'd like.

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Yeh, Inno Setup is a great tool.

I had a thought last night before I went to sleep - all this functionality should be incorporated into the setup wizards that frodo has started! The idea is that the user only has to choose the country and all the settings are loaded in and the files are copied etc.

Maybe for each country pack, you can zip up the channel logos, weather logos, xmltv setups etc and then specify country specific settings in a xml file. The setup wizard would then pick this up and install all the settings.

Just a few ideas... I'm busy the next few weeks, but if I don't get a pocket PC I can work on this (otherwise I want to make a wi-fi pocket pc remote first).

Sam

A

Anonymous

Also had this thought, but this still requires users to download a lot more data than they need!

Could download the specific Country Pack while installing??

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
jrossing said:
Also had this thought, but this still requires users to download a lot more data than they need!

Could download the specific Country Pack while installing??

With regards to coding, this is easy. I'm not sure about the hosting though... Maybe there needs to be a xml file that has the links to the various country packs...

Sam

L

liljohn

hey everyone...

i'm still very new here but would love to contribute in anyway possible. i have created a site devoted to Media Portal and its continued development...

if you are looking for a place to host these country packs i can do it at no cost to anyone...

btw - check out this thread for more info on my site
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3550

please let me know if there is anyway i can contribute....

by the way i have 'unlimited' webspace and traffic...

A

Anonymous

anyone out there who could out a UK country pack together, preferably for the sutton coldfield area. I noe this sounds checky but if u dont ask, u'll never get a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom