Drive Free Space Plugin (4 Viewers)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    i just had an idea.. it would be also possible to use one of the extra menus plugins found on the forum (cannot find the link right now, it was ExtraMenus.rar with 3 extra menus) with just one back button (<action>10</action>) and all the info in there :)

yesdup

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ Bleazle

Ok just a little bit frustrated. But first lets get this what looks like and EXCELENT pluging working.........

If you do you could download the files I posted above

By this do you refer to the zip file posted along with your post #43 in this thread??? I have looked through the previous posts and found other files but none that relate to blue 3 wide.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you do you could download the files I posted above

By this do you refer to the zip file posted along with your post #43 in this thread??? I have looked through the previous posts and found other files but none that relate to blue 3 wide.

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer - yes, that's the file I was talking about (in post #43). The XML files are for the BleazleWide skin but if you drop them into the directories as per my last post you'll get the plugin working in Blue3Wide, no other changes required (to get the screenshot I posted I did what I've told you to do..) Let me know how you get on :)

Bleazle

yesdup

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bleazle
    Ok it's working.........:D Thanks for the help & for making it.

The display now shows 12 drives and i have specified only two for display. Is there an option to remove the unused drives from the display???

Thanks Bleazle what's frustrating is that MP has a plugin installer and do you how many plugins use it.........not many!!! Your instructions on the Wiki are incorrect.......

Open the archive and extract everything under the Release folder to you MediaPortal installation directory. Now open MP's Configuration and Enable the plugin (it's listed under Process plugins). If the plugin is not listed there, you did something wrong.

The folder structure of the Wiki zip is has three levels above the necessary 3 .dll .......i found better instructions at the begining of this thread but only half an hour after believing i had
    did something wrong
    Once the plugin was inplace the instructions to make it now appear in MP were not clear. As I previous said i don't wish to learn skinning to use this plugin. So including a proper formulated skin file with the plugin would have helped. I understand there are hundreds of skins out there but providing files for the default skins provided with MP will at least get the majority of people up and running.

Again thanks for the help. My views above are only to be taken as "constructive criticism" :)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Thanks Bleazle what's frustrating is that MP has a plugin installer and do you how many plugins use it.........not many!!! Your instructions on the Wiki are incorrect.......

Open the archive and extract everything under the Release folder to you MediaPortal installation directory. Now open MP's Configuration and Enable the plugin (it's listed under Process plugins). If the plugin is not listed there, you did something wrong.

this is clearly wrong.. i'll correct it in next release..

Once the plugin was inplace the instructions to make it now appear in MP were not clear. As I previous said i don't wish to learn skinning to use this plugin. So including a proper formulated skin file with the plugin would have helped. I understand there are hundreds of skins out there but providing files for the default skins provided with MP will at least get the majority of people up and running.

skin files with process plugin? ok i suppose it could be done but main point why i haven't done it is configurability and flexibility for end user so he is able to use this wherever wanted.. that's why the skin files are to be edited or made by skinners or the user, later on..

best regards,
    se

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @bleazle
    Ok it's working.........:D Thanks for the help & for making it...

OK, as you've probably already gathered by the post above (and the first post in this thread) SilentExcept put this excellent plugin together, I just skinned it for the BleazleWide skin (which happens to work in Blue3Wide too).

....The display now shows 12 drives and i have specified only two for display. Is there an option to remove the unused drives from the display

Yes there is but...

As I previous said i don't wish to learn skinning to use this plugin...

You're going to have to tweak the XML file to suit your needs if you want to remove the unspecified displays (@ SilentExcept - as mentioned previously it would be good if there was something in the the plugin that prevented graphics for drives that haven't been selected from showing..)

This what you need to do (you don't need to become a Skinner - just find a few lines and delete them):

1. Open the "settings.xml" file - you can use Notepad to do this.

2. Find the first line that says "<description>Drive space</description>" (without the " ")

3. The line above this you will see a <control> tag. Scroll down a bit and you will see a </control> tag (note the "/")

In between these two <control> tags you'll see that it says something about "#Drives(C).AvailableSpace.Data" and if you look between the following two <control> tags you'll see that it says "#Drives(C).AvailableSpace.UsedPercentage" (amongst other stuff). You don't need to know what this stuff means.

I take it you have enabled your C & D drives? Assuming this is the case you can delete the <control> **** info on other drive letters *** </control> tags. All you have to do is make sure you delete everything included in the <control>. For example to delete the F drive you'll need to delete the following:

<control>
    <description>Drive space</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <textalign>center</textalign>
    <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
    <id>37483</id>
    <posX>1040</posX>
    <posY>150</posY>
    <width>160</width>
    <height>50</height>
    <font>font9</font>
    <label>#Drives(F).AvailableSpace.Data</label>
    <visible>yes</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="1000" delay="250" >WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="1000" start="-910,0" end="0,0" delay="250" acceleration="-1" >WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" time="1000" delay="1000">WindowClose</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="1000" start="0,0" end="-910,0" delay="1000" acceleration="-1" >Windowclose</animation>
    </control>
    <control>
    <description>Progress Bar</description>
    <type>progress</type>
    <id>20</id>
    <posX>1035</posX>
    <posY>230</posY>
    <width>160</width>
    <height>16</height>
    <label>#Drives(F).AvailableSpace.UsedPercentage</label>
    <texturebg>progress_background_tvhome.png</texturebg>
    <lefttexture>progress_blank30.png</lefttexture>
    <midtexture>progress_mid_white30.png</midtexture>
    <righttexture>progress_blank30.png</righttexture>
    <visible>yes</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="1000" delay="250" >WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="1000" start="-910,0" end="0,0" delay="250" acceleration="-1" >WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" time="1000" delay="1000">WindowClose</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="1000" start="0,0" end="-910,0" delay="1000" acceleration="-1" >Windowclose</animation>
    </control>

Probably looks confusing but it isn't - just find the drives enclosed in the <control> tabs that you DON'T want shown, then delete the CONTROL.

Save the file. Run MediaPortal, check the results.

Bleazle

yesdup

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ silent express

My humble apologies and thank for making the plugin....:D
    Again my view were only meant as constructive criticism...thanks for listening and i hope it becomes more accessable to a wider audience and get the recognition it deserves... :)

@ Bleazle

Thanks for the instructions, i am not a coder but i can edit a text file and to be honest i don't mind doing so. I am well aware of the contribution from you guy's and gals who are far cleverer than me on this subject. I also love the ethos of opensource software. But enjoy it most when it works first time...lol So i shall give your direction a bash, and would second you suggestion for a No. of drives option.

And i shall retract the false praise earlier and issue a new praise for your skin. Very nice...:D I may use it one day once i am 100% up and running.

daniel_1980

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

as I was searching a long time for a functionality that would warn me if a recording was not going to be recorded because of a full harddisc, the only thing I could find until now that could perhaps help me ist this plugin.
    A change in the blue3 wide skin similar to the change posted on post #7 (information included on tv guide page; for me "xy GB" would be enough) would be ok for me. But after reading this thread I still have no idea which xml file to edit, nor how to edit it.

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    daniel_1980: you have to choose yourself in which screen you want to be able to see the disk usage. In my case, I have added it in the TV Guide page, for when I want to record something + in the videos 'list' page.
    You can find an overview of those pages in the skin designers guide under the mediaportal documenation section.
    If you download the plugin, there is a txt file within the package with an example.

I hope this helps.

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Really great Plugin and absolut useful!

I modfied the mytvguide.xml (blue3wide-skin) with this code at the end of the file

<control>
    <description>Drive space</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <textalign>center</textalign>
    <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
    <id>37483</id>
    <posX>35</posX>
    <posY>550</posY>
    <width>160</width>
    <height>300</height>
    <font>font9</font>
    <label>#Drives(V).AvailableSpace.Data</label>
    <visible>yes</visible>
    </control>

<control>
    <description>Progress Bar</description>
    <type>progress</type>
    <id>20</id>
    <posX>20</posX>
    <posY>600</posY>
    <width>300</width>
    <height>30</height>
    <label>#Drives(V).AvailableSpace.UsedPercentage</label>
    <texturebg>progress_background_tvhome.png</texturebg>
    <lefttexture>progress_blank30.png</lefttexture>
    <midtexture>progress_mid_white30.png</midtexture>
    <righttexture>progress_blank30.png</righttexture>
    <visible>yes</visible>
    </control>

Edit the driveletter V to your own. That's it ...
    Now I'am always "up to date" when I want to record a show.:D

Attachments

• drivespaceplugin [1024x768].jpg
      drivespaceplugin [1024x768].jpg
      161.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom