Drive Free Space Plugin (1 Viewer)

singer36

Portal Pro
October 11, 2006
Home Country
France France
Hi !
Excellent ! i can't wait to test this plugin... That's exactly what i've been looking for in the past....

But i have a suggestion : could this plugin be extended to a sort of 'STATUS bar' plugin ?
i would be interrested in having a sort of status bar showing :
- a weather icon,
- free disk prercentage
- current recording option (simple red button)
- ftp server UP/DOWN icon

what do you think ?

regards

:D

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
[/QUOTE]

just few hours ago i was thinking about that.. will see what i can do..

Edit:

NEW VERSION IS UP! 0.4!

added new gui properties #Drives.AvailableSpace.UsedPercentage and #Drives(X).AvailabelSpace.UsedPercentage; returns percentage of used space for all or one drive; replace X with the drive letter
added new text property %uspercent% - returns a number (percent of occupied space)
added new text property %usedspace% - returns used space in GB/MB/KB
added new text property %driveletteronly% - returns drive letter only with no colon character[/QUOTE]

That was quick, thanks, will try it out ASAP, should appease my brain, although it is a bit affected by alcohol at the moment, going to add a big dose of caffeine pretty soon :cool:.

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Excellent, thanks :).

Attachments

• 04-10-36.PNG
    04-10-36.PNG
    252.3 KB

Rico

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Straelen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi SilentExcept

Thanks for your new release i edited my mod a little and i got this now so far :)
see attached screenshot
gonna edit it some more tomorrow and then gonna release a new updated mod for B and W 1080 skin :)

thanks for your great plugin m8

and maybe you can help me a little to create a nice black and white progress bar im not so good with picture editing hehe
if possible same bar as User 04 has but then ofcourse in black and white

attached in the rar files are all the files i use for the plugin
so please help me :)

Attachments

• new release.JPG
    new release.JPG
    175.9 KB
  • basichome free drive space mod by rico v.0.2.rar
    30.8 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
A couple of questions:

I want to resize the bar but when I reduce the height to say 20, only the background png file is reduced - the other files remain at the default height which is no good :( I take it this has to be changed from within the .dll files?

Also, I know the plugin is called Drive Free Space but curently when I look at the bar graphic it seems a bit strange to me - I expect to see how much of the drive is being used on the left (say in red which is what I've changed the background png file to) and then the space left(free) indicated in green (or whatever colour) on the right hand side of the bar. Can you come up with a setting like that based on where you are up to with the plugin at the moment?

Cheers

Dave

Rico

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Straelen
Home Country
Germany Germany

Attachments

• new release with progress bar.JPG
    new release with progress bar.JPG
    164.6 KB
  • new release without progress bar.JPG
    new release without progress bar.JPG
    177.8 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    A couple of questions:

I want to resize the bar but when I reduce the height to say 20, only the background png file is reduced - the other files remain at the default height which is no good :( I take it this has to be changed from within the .dll files?

noticed this too.. you have to adjust the background height to the processbar height, not too hard for a skinner :)

Also, I know the plugin is called Drive Free Space but curently when I look at the bar graphic it seems a bit strange to me - I expect to see how much of the drive is being used on the left (say in red which is what I've changed the background png file to) and then the space left(free) indicated in green (or whatever colour) on the right hand side of the bar. Can you come up with a setting like that based on where you are up to with the plugin at the moment?

i'm not sure i inderstand what you're trying to do..
    but maybe if you used the green background and red process texture and #Drives.AvailableSpace.UsedPercentage ? would that do the trick? that way you would have green on the right (free space) and red would be the space used..

regards,
    se

oh and btw thank you all for the support with skin files and mods.. keep them comming.. i'll try to collect them all (with screenshots) and edit the first post..

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the pointers. Here's what I've come up with - I really wanted the drive info on the RecordedTV screen but there isn't enough spare space unless I reduce the size of the list of recorded programmes and move the TV description up etc which I don't really think is a good idea :( One of the limitations of MP is that text always shows through graphics - too bad because I was working on having this info appear on a slide in menu until I remembered that :rolleyes:

So since I can't do what I want to I figured I'd copy Ricos idea of adding it to the Basic Home screen - I don't use that screen so I may as well get some use out of it! :) I'll tweak the layout in the Sysinfo screen too but I don't use that plugin now because I found that MP started throwing errors when it was running which was a shame :(

I've got another question for you - I take it there's something for the "Data" side of the plugin which says "if X drive isn't selected don't show anything"? If so, can you do the same for the Progress Bar too? As you can see in the screenshot I haven't selected the E drive which is my CD drive because when I do I get an error message + because I've only got 5 HDD's currently attached to my test machine I'm left with a bar "hanging" on the right hand side of the screen.

In an ideal world the drive name wouldn't have to be specified in the XML file - the skinner could just put 7 placeholders (with the data and progress bar code) and the plugin would populate them from the left (in this case) so that there would be no gaps. Is that a possibility in future releases?

Thanks again

Bleazle

PS. I wouldn't call myself a skinner - I'm more of a "chop it...change it...brake it...tweak it..." kind of guy :D

Attachments

• bh.jpg
      bh.jpg
      27.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom