cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work SilentExcept!

Suggestion:
    Introduce a differentiation in the syntax where controls for ALL drives are preceded by Drives.xyz.xyz while single drives are controlled by DriveX.xyz.

In case of the Drives.xyz.xyz controls, all placeholders referring to a single drive like %drive% or %label% are ignored and %totalspace% is treated as the sum of all totalspaces of the drives selected in the configuration. The same with %freespace% and so on.

This is useful in case you are not interested in the status of a single drive but want to see the overall picture. In plugins like TVSeries it does not matter on which HDD the files are stored. They are indexed and assembled in one frontend. A total of all HDDs involved would be helpful there.

Thanks again!

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got Drives????

@Bleazle:
    I ask you for posting your XML-File or do I have to d/l your complete skin ?

Here you go :) (btw these files aren't included in the latest version of the skin - they will be included in the next version)

When I showed this to the family no one liked it on the Basic Home screen :( - mainly because the greens and reds don't go with the BleazleWide skin so after some deliberation (i.e. my 12 year old son told me what to do..) I decided to incorporate this information into the Settings screen, as below. I'm pretty happy with the result because this is an under utilised screen imo.

I don't usually have this many HDDs hooked up to my HTPC but I wanted a good looking screenshot :D If anyone uses more drives than this another line could be added very easily.

The attached zip file includes the PNG files I used + the XML files for both the Basic Home and Settings screen options.

This is the text that goes in the GUI settings when configuring the plugin (this text is also included in the zip file):

%drive% (%label%)
    Total: %totalspace% %unit%
    Used: %usedspace%
    Free: %freespace%

Bleazle

EDIT: The reason one of the drives (E) is blank is because that's my CD drive, which isn't selected in my configuration (because it just throws an "error" message)

Attachments

• Settings screen.jpg
      Settings screen.jpg
      61 KB
    • Drive Free Space.zip
      30.6 KB

Malingo

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice plugin, this is exactly what I was looking for.
    (Literally, I came to the forum yesterday to search exactly for this kind of plugin) :D

icont

January 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Plugin settings for MediaPortal1

Hi,

I am new to MediaPortal, have been playing with it for a couple of months. I m trying to setup Drive Free Space plugin and I have enabled it in MP Configuration but when I insert the code to a page - for example BasicHome - I can not see any difference on the screen at all.
    I am trying to edit files in Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Blue3.

It is also kind of hard (especially for newby) to tell which file exactly relates to which window in GUI.

Can somebody help?

:D

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    hello and welcome to mp world :)

first things first.. have you configured plugin from mp configuration? selected drives you want to monitor?

next, to properly use this plugin you'll have to use one of the templates posted in this thread or become more familiar with skin architecture.. you can read all about it here: MediaPortal1_Development/SkinArchitecture - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

about GUI-xml relation, most of the time you can just guess by name.. internally, each gui window has its own id and by that id the skin file is located too.. look at the beginning of almost every skin file there should be something like <window> <id>1234</id> ..... </window>..

main window codes are listed here: SourceForge.net Repository - [mediaportal] View of /trunk/mediaportal/Core/guilib/GUIWindow.cs and every plugin has new unique one too..

huh, hope this will help :)

have fun!

yesdup

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am having EXACLTY the same problem as Icont. I have the plugin and have configured it to show the drives i want. But here is where i did EXACTLY the same thing as Icont. i have added the code provided to end of the Homebasic.xml file and nothing is happening.

next, to properly use this plugin you'll have to use one of the templates posted in this thread or become more familiar with skin architecture..

Thanks for the sugestion but no i don't wish to learn more about skinning architecture, sorry. I am using the Default blue 3 theme and it's all good for me. But i can't find any file to download from the thread. Plus, what would i do??

So please can someone help me get this plugin working.......(i don't understand why it has to be a plugin and not part of MP to begin with. This is essential functionality to me. So thanks for making it)

thanks

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...I am using the Default blue 3 theme and it's all good for me. But i can't find any file to download from the thread. Plus, what would i do?? ...

Mate, you're sounding a bit frustrated!

By "default blue 3 theme" do you mean Blue3Wide? If you do you could download the files I posted above and drop them into your Blue3Wide skin directory as follows:
    Blue3Wide directory- Use the "settings.xml" file, then you won't have to make any changes
    Blue3Wide/Media directory - drop the *.png files into there

That's it! If you configure the plugin as per the README file I've included you'll end up with the following which will give info on up to 12 Drives without having to make any skin changes yourself :):

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture346-b3w.jpg

Remember to save a backup copy of the original "settings.XML" file just in case you don't like the end result.

Hope that helps

Bleazle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom