Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi SilentExcept,

I can confirm that the Drive Fee Space plugin doesn't work with RC4.

I could provide a new build, but you should also take a look at HTPCInfo..

I would appeciate it if you could make a new build - I have tried to use HTPCInfo, but without success so far. HTPCInfo seems like a huge overkill when all I want to do is display how much free-space is available on my recordings disk.

Cheers,

Taipan

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Dear users, due to requests, new version of the plugin is now released!

Check the change log on the first page and ReadMe.txt in the archive. Due to some changes in MediaPortal core and also in plugin architecture, property names had to be changed.

Please report any problems here.

daniel_1980

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

and thanks a lot for implementing my idea.
    There's just one small problem :-(
    It's only possible to enter up to 3 digits in the bitrate (although the default value is 4000). So it's not possible to enter e.g. 3500 kBit/s, instead I can just enter 3 or 4 MBit/s.

Just a note from the only user of this ;-)

Thank you anyway!!

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hm i have a bunch of mapped drives here at work and i can see them all in the plugin configuration? is that your problem? using xp or vista?

I just got a little Windows 7 machine and set it up as a MePo client. The server is an XP machine (= "MePoServer").

In order for the Win7 client to monitor the drive used for TV recordings on the server, I did this:
    1) shared the drive on the XP server (= "TVdrive"),
    2) set appropriate permissions for the drive, and
    3) issued this command on Win7 client machine: net use Z: \\MePoServer\TVdrive
    (Command completed successfully.)

To confirm the network drive was available to the Win7 machine I used Explorer to view the Z: drive and navigate into its folders. However in MePo Config the DriveFreeSpace plugin only shows the local drives on the Win7 machine; it does not show the network drive.

Just out of curiosity I tried going in the reverse direction, and it worked as expected. In XP the DriveFreeSpace plugin can show a drive shared from the Win7 machine.

If the problem is the way DriveFreeSpace works in Win7, it would be great to have a fix for it.;) Or perhaps this is some sort of network security issue in Windows 7?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Thanks for the detailed explanation Larzon!

It certainly looks like Windows7 issue. I'll try to take a look at it but as I don't have Win7 development machine so it's gonna be a bit hard to debug..

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've finally had a chance to have another look at this and update my skin files. Thanks for the update :D

One question, how do I use the "#DriveFreeSpace.Enabled and #DriveFreeSpace.X.Enabled" properties? :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom