Dropping Music Visualisation for MediaPortal 1.11 (1 Viewer)

Should Music Visualisation become a feature in a later version

• Yes

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • I don't mind, as i am streaming my music from Spotify, etc.

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This is to inform the community that we will be dropping support for Music Visualisations in version 1.11.

Unfortunately the author of the library, which we are using for visualisation is no longer allowing us to use / distribute his library.
    Therefore the team has made the decision to remove the library and all supporting source code from the code base.

While we understand that this may cause some frustration, this was the only option available for the moment.
    We are looking into some alternatives at the moment and might be able to re-introduce the functionality in a later version.

Thanks for your understanding!

At the end of the day it is the Music that counts. ;-)

P.S. Adding a Poll

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    A real shame, but I understand the situation and the personnel involved (having had my own experience there). I have loved life with Milkdrop + LED backlight but this should be an open source solution going forward.

EDIT: ProjectM perhaps?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Havn't used it for years, also Rockstar has been my favorite music app.

I hope developers will put efforts into offering steaming plugin(s) by default in MePo - I prefer Rockstar over Music plugin

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    You said compete - I say join forces :) Why not have music addin to rule them all. Think many end users have need for both.....furthermore streaming of music seem to expanding quite heavily - would be awsome to have native streaming support.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I can't imagine anyone not having at least a few music files to play in the traditional way. Do people really do 100% streaming only?

And although I stream a lot, it's using the phone streamed to the pc using AirServer. Navigating through Spotify using Rockstar feels like the 90s (or my similarly hard to use Onkyo AV amps Spotify client). Sound quality is not compromised as the AirPlay receiver is loss-less.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I only use Spotify streaming. At home Squeezeboxes with Spotify plugin(5 zones), on mobile devices the Spotify app. At work the Spotify OS x or Win 7 app.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Not sure how visualizations are related to the music source?

As off-topic, the perfect Music plugin a) would not care about the actual source (files, disc, stream, etc.) and b) would support different user interfaces as remote (MP, web, phones, etc)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Off-topic reply, could Rockstar be that perfect plugin:whistle:, i.e. handle also local files and support in MPExtended/WifiRemote?

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Fellows,
    I'm a music enthousiast and I'm using mediaportal as primary reproduction tool to bring my audio in the living room (next to the TV function, of course)
    what does "Dropping Music Visualisation" actually mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom