Dropping Music Visualisation for MediaPortal 1.11 (1 Viewer)

Should Music Visualisation become a feature in a later version

• Yes

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • I don't mind, as i am streaming my music from Spotify, etc.

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    it didn't work out like i would, so i need to take a different route. I know what needs to be done, but simply lacking of time.
    i guess i will have something in September.

elz

Portal Member
    August 20, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the info hwahrmann. Can I suggest you do a bassGetData and you feed that to an external player like mprojet ? I dont know what you had in mind but might be my idea can be usefull.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I wanted to have it as a plugin, but had problems controlling the Visualisation Window.
    The goal is now to have a stream, which i can send via inter process communication or some sort of memory sharing to a different process.
    Could be a third party player or my own Visualisation executable that handles the vis in a separate process.

elz

Portal Member
    August 20, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm sorry I think I dont really understand the problem now. You got entitled to remove a library that was used to render music data to visualisation like milkdrop on your plugin database. Or is it that you are using a new data model ?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Now, i don't understand your question. :)

I know that i can use bass getdata. this is what i was always using. However we need to have a 3rd party renderer, which produces the visualization created by data send to it

elz

Portal Member
    August 20, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    is it the mediaportal extension manager : visualisation plugin that wanted to be removed? Or is it a plugin that allow you to interface those extesions ?
    I cannot see the audio visualisation extesion anymore in the "MediaPortal Extensions Manager", was it this one that need to be removed or am I just blindsighted ? I think it wasnt the default one.

I find it confusing that there is default builtin audioviz in MP and also a plugin in the Extension Manager. Now you talk about coding a plugin, a wrapper ? a replacement ?

un4seen dont seem to have any legal issue with sonique, I'm pretty sure this viz work with streaming audio : Visualisation
    Compatible with Sonique plugins, fullscreen display, includes a MOD pattern view

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i don't want to go into technical details, but the way we did visualization in the past is no longer working.
    So everything related to visualization has been removed.

i know that there are other ways to do vis and i am looking into that.

amatesi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    • why not add a "hidden" toggle (ie. in a similar fashion to chrome://flags) that allows us oldies to "Turn ON legacy Visualization Support (at your own risk)"?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom