[confirm] dshowhelper for EVR renderer Windows 7 x64 + Nvidia broken in SVN 26907 (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi!

System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Nvidia GT 330M graphics, 4 GB ram, etc.

Earlier today I discussed an issue in IRC with team members.

The issue is, that I, in the last segment of SVN's, have been unable to use EVR renderer in MediaPortal. MediaPortal freezes, right after I have pressed Enter to play a file (video recording or live tv). Using VMR9 works.

I have been running many different versions of MediaPortal, and also a great deal of SVN's. I never had similar issues.

Investigating the cause of this, I have found that the new dshowhelper.dll file introduced with SVN 26907 have caused my issue. SVN 26906 is working as it should.

I have attached typical log-files (removed unneeded info) when the issue occurs. As suspected, it hangs right after EVR renderer is added to the graph.

There is apparently no problem on my ATi based HTPC, which is running latest SVN versions like it always have. And I have had reports that Windows 7 x86 works with Nvidia graphics as well.

Replacing the dshowhelper.dll in SVN 26907 with the one from 26906 fixes the issue.

Please check for me:

If you have Windows 7 x64 and Nvidia, does SVN later than 26906 work for you.

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

Attachments

• MediaPortal log exerpt.txt
      4.9 KB

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Pilehave
    I am running win7 ultimate 64 bit, and nvidia, and I have no problems with SVN´s until after SVN-1.1.6.27007.

Between 27007 and 27028 and forward something happened, changing channels from HD to SD or from SD to HD takes very long
    time (10-20 sek.)
    With SVN 27007 it takes about 1-2 sek.
    But that is of course something else.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Pilehave
    I am running win7 ultimate 64 bit, and nvidia, and I have no problems with SVN´s until after SVN-1.1.6.27007.

Between 27007 and 27028 and forward something happened, changing channels from HD to SD or from SD to HD takes very long
    time (10-20 sek.)
    With SVN 27007 it takes about 1-2 sek.
    But that is of course something else.

Could you be more specific on which Nvidia gfx you have, and maybe even the driver version?

:D

PS: At the moment I'm running SVN 27077 and everythings works very well...with the dshowhelper from 26906, that is. I really like all the improvements made to speed and consistency :)

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Actualy I have been running with 3 different cards in the last 3-5 days, (testing out difference in DXVA/CPU usage).
    So I have been running with ASUS GS 8600GT, ASUS ENGT220, Palit GeForce GTS 450 (1 GB), all with nvidia-driver

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Pilehave - could you post an evr.log using the dshowhelper version that works for you ?

I tested the latest dshowhelper on Vista32 with a 9500GT + 260.99 drivers, and I've just got a new laptop with a GT330M inside (running Win7 32bit) - haven't tried running MP on it yet.

Tony

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Pilehave - could you post an evr.log using the dshowhelper version that works for you ?

I tested the latest dshowhelper on Vista32 with a 9500GT + 260.99 drivers, and I've just got a new laptop with a GT330M inside (running Win7 32bit) - haven't tried running MP on it yet.

Tony

Will do, but it won't be until late this evening or perhaps tomorrow :D

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi Pilehave - please try the attached dshowhelper.dll (and post the evr.log) - it's got a few mods to the refresh rate estimator and extra logging.

Tony

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Pilehave - please try the attached dshowhelper.dll (and post the evr.log) - it's got a few mods to the refresh rate estimator and extra logging.

Tony

I have attached three set of logs:

1. Clean SVN 27097 logs (not working)
    2. SVN 27097 with dshowhelper.dll from 26906 (working)
    3. SVN 27097 with the dshowhelper.dll you posted (working!!)

What did you do ;)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    There was a bug in the 'EstimateRefreshTimings()' function which your display timings uncovered - it was never finding the start of the display raster, so it hung in a 'while' loop....

I've re-worked that bit of the code :)

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom