DTS audio in TS transport stream (1 Viewer)

jhoff81

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
I have an HD version of a movie that has the DTS audio ripped from a DVD and remuxed back into the video. Everything works in MediaPortal except for the DTS audio. I had been having some trouble with this file before. I couldn't get MediaPlayer Classic to see the DTS audio either at first. What I figured out that I had to do was check off a box that enabled its internal MPEG PS/TS filter instead of the other filter that was being used. As soon as I did this, MPC recognized the other audio PID and let me switch between the two.

Is there any way to get this to work properly in MediaPortal?

If it might help, I can probably make a 30 second clip of it to test. Its HD video, so I can't make the clip too long, or the file will be huge, but if it would be helpful, let me know.

Also, one other problem that I've been having is that whenever I attempt to play a video, the first time I click it, no video shows, but the audio plays. When I press escape to go back to the menu, the video is showing fine in a small window. After a few times of playing a few different files and stopping them, eventually it will start to show the video in fullscreen mode. Does anyone know why this might be?

jhoff81

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
I've been trying a bunch of codecs, the Nvidia ones included. I also have tried Dscaler, and the WinDVD decoders as well as a few others I had listed that I don't even remember the names of. The version of the Purevideo codecs I have installed is the platinum 1.02-223 release from last month.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Because its an odd format I dont think MP will force it by the choice of codecs in configuration. You may have to try and construct the renderer using graphedit first to see if the nvidia decoder will even attach to that type of file.

If that does work then youll need to play with codec merits later on.

jhoff81

Portal Member
    July 26, 2006
    I opened it in Graphedit, and it was using
    NVidia Video Decoder --- Video Renderer
    Movie.ts<
    Dscaler Audio Decoder --- Default Directsound Device
    I looked at the movie.ts filter and found it was using Haali Splitter to demux the ts file, so I attempted to temporarily uninstall that.

Now it shows
    NVidia Video Decoder --- Video Renderer
    Movie.ts --- Nvidia Transport Demux<
    Nvidia Audio Decoder --- Default Directsound Device

Still not working though.

And any idea on why the video isn't showing in fullscreen until after a few attempts?

Edit: Sorry I can't get the spacing of the post for the graphedit filters to show right, but i think its pretty self explanatory how its connected.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Had a play but couldnt get any luck. The nvidia Demux sees it as a AC3 bitstream but it doesnt seem to actually find any contents. It goes nuts switching channels really fast.

jhoff81

Portal Member
    July 26, 2006
    Yeah, I've also tried the Elecard MPEG demultiplexer also, but that doesn't work either. I haven't tried it, but I've read that it should work with VLC. I wonder what exactly it is that MediaPlayerClassic and VLC are doing differently when they demux the video.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Are you sure you havent made some mistakes in the re-encoding process when you replaced the audio? (I have some TS files with DTS here and they playback fine, yet this one doesnt)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom