DTS audio in TS transport stream (1 Viewer)

jhoff81

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
It turns out I don't have the original TS file saved anymore, and I wasn't able to get any demuxers to work properly in order to rebuild it myself. Anyway I was playing around some more and found that there is a MPEGsplitter on the MediaPlayerClassic homepage. I installed this, and then went to Graphedit. First problem I got was an error message: "Some of the streams in this movie are in unsupported format."

However, when I hit play in Graphedit, it played properly, despite an error message that said: "The graph could not change state. This pin cannot use the supplied media type. (Return code: 0x8004022a)." (See the first thumbnail).

In MediaPlayer Classic, using the external filters now, it also works perfectly. (See image two).

However, the file still doesn't play in Mediaportal. At this point I'm really confused.

yumcimil

Portal Member
December 18, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Try renaming it to .mkv and installing the matroska splitter? I had similar issues when trying to view the planet earth HD .ts files - renaming to .mikv bypassed mediaportal's internal handling (which I can never quite make work), and seemed to go.

jhoff81

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Not quite sure why renaming to a different container would do anything, but it didn't help me. I did try renaming to mpg, that didn't help either.

jhoff81

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
I should add that with the Haali Media Splitter, the files would at least attempt to play in MediaPortal, but using MPC's MatroskaSplitter, the video attempted to play, nothing shows, and then it lets me move the cursor again.

jhoff81

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
I think I finally figured it out. If I unregister the MediaPortal TS file reader, it works fine now. So now it uses the MPC MPEG splitter and the dscaler video decoder with AC3 filter (the dscaler audio decoder doesn't do it right), and works correctly. However, I should add that this only works if the DTS is the only audio in the file. If I use a file with both AC3 and DTS, it only plays one of the two.

jhoff81

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Hmm strange, apparently I have two names here, I thought when the confirmation email didn't go through the first time, it would have deleted the name after a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom