DTS-HD and TrueHD pass-trough with Xonar HDAV1.3 (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I Appreciate your effort, but you probably incuded it as a standalone filter. This sadly won't do the trick.
You need a complete TMT3 install and register the renderer from within it's installation folder.
I've tried to make it work as a standalone without luck.

Hm, that strange.
I tested it and it was working fine, but i have no chance to test passthrough...

Jaybeam

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
pass-trough did'nt work until I registered the renderer from with the arcsoft installation folder.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I Appreciate your effort, but you probably incuded it as a standalone filter. This sadly won't do the trick.
    You need a complete TMT3 install and register the renderer from within it's installation folder.

Hm, that strange.
    I tested it and it was working fine, but i have no chance to test passthrough...

If i remember correctly Sonar does require arcsoft renderer to be used (it has hard coded check, maybe for improving the copy protection as otherwise it would be easy to write an audio renderer that would just save the LPCM content).

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hm, that strange.

If i remember correctly Sonar does require arcsoft renderer to be used (it has hard coded check, maybe for improving the copy protection as otherwise it would be easy to write an audio renderer that would just save the LPCM content).

OK, i see.

Jaybeam

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Maybe you can let SAF look during setup iff a TMT3 installation is present, and iff so let register the renderer?

schizophonic

February 21, 2010
    Hi

I came across this thread from AVforums, but i'm struggling to get HD audio working in MPC-HC.
    When i load a BD into Total MediaTheater it works effortless but when trying to play a mkv with TrueHD I only get DD output.

I'm trying to do what i think is the right thing but if anyone has any suggestions what else I can do i do appreciate it.

Spec:
    ATI 4550
    Xonar HDAV 1.3 Slim
    Windows 7 32bit.

I'm using the latest MPC-HC and FFdshow Tryouts.

Registered all the necessary filters.
    output1.jpg

output2.jpg

And even tried the EIED Hack
    displaym.jpg

bariko

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Jaybeam

First of all, thanks for this nice guide.
    I worked according to it (except from the MediaPortal part) but in the end, I was disappointed to find out that my Reciver doesn't indicate DTS HD and TRUE HD (though there is 6 channels input)

I have Windows vista 32bit, ATI RADEON X2600XT graphic card and of course Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 card

The questions is, if it should work with this hardware, and if yes then what can be the problem?

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom