DTS-HD and TrueHD pass-trough with Xonar HDAV1.3 (1 Viewer)

bariko

Portal Member
February 27, 2010
I am not sure that I understand you correctly (my English is quite poor), but if I did then here is how it's looks:

p18cx.jpg

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try to set your default playback device to "Asux Xonar Speakers" this is the right setting for HDMI Bitstreaming!
    The Digital S/Pdif Xonar Device is only for DTS and Dolby Passthrough and NOT for bitstreaming HD Codecs ... as stated in the Xonar FAQ...
    It's like using TMT3 for HDMI passthrough...

After that your Dolby True HD Light on your receiver will light up ... at least it did for me...

And don't forget to register the arcsoft decoder!

bariko

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Try to set your default playback device to "Asux Xonar Speakers" this is the right setting for HDMI Bitstreaming!
    The Digital S/Pdif Xonar Device is only for DTS and Dolby Passthrough and NOT for bitstreaming HD Codecs ... as stated in the Xonar FAQ...
    It's like using TMT3 for HDMI passthrough...

After that your Dolby True HD Light on your receiver will light up ... at least it did for me...

And don't forget to register the arcsoft decoder!

Thank you, The_Iceman
    Please correct me if I misunderstood you, but did you mean to set the default to speakers, instead of S/PDIF Pass through Device, like this???

qyc02t.jpg

If I am doing so, there is no sound at all :confused:

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yepp... correct.

This, of course, requires a stable HDMI connection from your graphic card to you Xonar, and from Xonar back to your A/V Receiver...
    I'll make some screenshots of my settings inside Windows + Receiver later this day after work...

bariko

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Very well, The_Iceman, I will appreciate this :)
    However, to ensure that you will not work for nothing , here is how my system connect:

ATI RADEON X2600XT to Xonar HDAV1.3 card with DVI-HDMI (This graphic card does not support HDMI OUT)
    Xonar HDAV1.3 to Receiver with HDMI-HDMI

Also I must add, that when playing movies with TMT3, DTS HD and TRUE HD are been indicated correctly

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EDIT: Finally got it working... seems that the latest ffdshow (and subversions before) have some serious issues with xonar and bitstreaming!!!

Now I'm using:
    ffdshow_rev3318_ 20100315
    standalone_filters-svn1774_x86
    And TMT3 .161 Renderer and almost all problems are gone...

I can switch between audio streams, play DTS-HD AND Dolby TrueHD without problems AND I've Audio in MediaPortal Menu after Bitstreaming (for that I've to switch to an non HD Audio track before closing the movie... but that's better than everything I've tried before)!

This is the way I installed everything:

- Installed latest SAF5
    - After that I installed the ffdshow version mentioned above
    - Then re-registered the matroska splitter from 1774
    (- And I re-registered the MPC-Decoder, 'cause I've some troubles with ffdshow DXVA codec)
    web.jpg

web.jpg

bariko

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Thank you, chris.
    However, my knowledge in computers is very limited, so I need more specific guiding
    1 Can you tell exactly how to do so?
    2 Same thing. Don't know how to do so.
    3. Mediaportal does not install in my computer. Is there special instruction, how to install and configure it, or just to simply install it and to leave all the setting as it is?
    4 Again the same as 1 and 2. I don't know how to do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom