Dummy EPG for Recording modulated in house channels (1 Viewer)

mrluthoor

November 17, 2005
Sunnyvale CA
Currently, I modulate my digital cable signal to a channel for other household TV's which are on just analog cable. Eventually, will get Firewire running well, but for now this is the setup sending to the tuner card. Also, have a camera recently installed on a channel.

Adding channels 122 and 124 was simple in the program guide, but obviously there is no program info available to grab.

Recording these on the fly is simple, just follow the same procedure as any other channel.

But I haven't figured a way to record at a future time since the guide lists "No programming available" in one infinite time block.

Is there way to manually input start-stop-channel times like programming a regular VCR?. Or is there a way to setup "dummy" half hour time blocks in the program guide, that way at least I could highlight consecutive nameless programs for when and how long I need to? Is there's some weirdo channel out there I could maybe grab that has guaranteed half hour time blocks? I could care less
what the text says in the program guide.

Thanks

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi mrluthoor,

You can make a file easily yourself, the format is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">
    <tv generator-info-name="Hand">
    <channel id="xxxxx">
    <display-name>yyyy</display-name>
    </channel>

<programme start="20051130090000" stop="20051130093000" channel="xxxxx">
    <title>09:00 - 09:30</title>
    </programme>

</tv>

xxxxx can be whatever you want but the xxxxx in the channel section must match that in the programme section

yyyy needs to match the name you use for the channel in MP

Then just make a number of copies of programme with new start and stop times (YYYYMMDDHHmmss) Y year, M month, D day, H hour (24), m minute and s second.

title can also be whatever you want.

I would say make a file for one day 0 - 24 and then use a text replace tool to replace the date YYYYMMDD, 20051130 -> 20051201 etc.

Hope this helps,

/James

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    TVXB lets you define recurring programs. It would take a while to set them all up but once done then it would be maintenance free.

You can also use TVXB to integrate these new channel guides into a single file with your existing guide data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom