[Bug] Duplicate Audio Tracks in *.mkv files (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi there!

I noticed that when playing a MKV file with multiple or a single audio track the Audio Track Selection in MePo2 shows them duplicate.

Example:
videotest.mkv
  1. Name: "Deutsch (AC3 5.1)"
    language=German
  2. Name: "English (AC3 5.1)"
    Language=English
When I "play this file in MePo2 -> right click -> Choose Audio Stream" I see the following options to choose from:
  • videotest: A: Deutsch (AC3 5.1) [ger] (ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 384 kb/s) [default]
  • videotest: A: English (AC3 5.1) [eng] (ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 384 kb/s)
  • videotest: A: Deutsch (AC3 5.1) [ger] (ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 384 kb/s) [default] (AC3 6ch)
  • videotest: A: English (AC3 5.1) [eng] (ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 384 kb/s) (AC3 6ch)
I think this selection should only show 2 options. Also it would be nice if the prefix "videotest: A: " can be skipped for better legibility?

I don't see anything in the logs, if I should provide something please tell me :)

Edit:
Just noticed that subtitles seem to be fine, only audio tracks appear duplicate.

thanks & br
Stefan

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This happens if you have multiple filters in the built directshow graph that supports IAMStreamSelect (the ability to switch between different audio/sub tracks). MP2 does currently ask all filters for their supported streams and builds an unique list. We are doing this to support features of different filters (i.e. for subtitle sources that are not loaded by the splitter).

Problem here is, that the 2 filters provider a different formatted string names for the same streams, so you see them twice.

We will think about this...

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I see
    Just for reference then this is my AV graph according to GraphStudioNext:

graph.jpg

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes exactly this is the problem: both splitter and ffdshow allow changing the streams, but are naming them differently.

You can make a test and disable the ffdshow's stream selection feature and try again. You should have unique streams then. Can you confirm this?

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You can make a test and disable the ffdshow's stream selection feature and try again. You should have unique streams then. Can you confirm this?
    Can you please tell me where I can change this? I couln't find anything in the ffdshow settings.

br
    Stefan

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    windows start menu -> ffdshow audio decoder settings -> "Stream Switcher" -> disable the checkbox on right side

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm not using the FFDShow Audio Decoder but the LAV Audio Decoder. Couldn't find a setting there :(

LAV Audio Decoder
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-04 um 18.31.51.png

LAV Splitter
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-04 um 18.33.29.png

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I updated to 0.48 but I still cannot find such an option anywhere. If I can help you anymore I will try :)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem on my HTPC.

I am using ffdshow audio decoder with hdmi passthrough and haali as splitter. The Stream switcher option in ffdshow config is disabled, i checked that. Also i see every audio stream 3 times, not just 2 times like Terra. And i havent even installed LAVFilter, as i dislike it ;p.

I could figure out that the first entry is from ffdshow, as it shows "filename: Audio DTS, 5.1, 48000Hz (libdts)", when changing the used codec in ffdshow config to libavcodec, it shows that in the menu. But the other two entries look the same (filename:A [Undetermined]), and i cant determin where they come from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom