Duplicate movies (1 Viewer)

Sphero

Portal Pro
June 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
When I add movies while MP is running I get duplicates. When I add them through the control panel I don't.

Also, sometimes all my movies turn red in control panel. However the link is still present. I can still play them through the control panel (an external player is launched), however when I start MP the media can't be found. I have to go to control panel, delete all movies, Unignore all files from Movie Importer and start indexing them again.

Log attached, but I doubt it contains any valuable info

log.zip

Den70

Portal Member
February 22, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Which file in the folders is the databasefile which contains the movies? Can I backup that single file and put it back?
Than I could make a batchfile for it
The file would be movingpictures.db3. This will not create a backup of your covers and or backdrops. It will preserve your settings and movie info.
Thanks. But the trick I had in mind (backing up that file and restore it) doesn't work. I restored the old database-file I kept but after that the links to the movies were all broken like before restoring. So after a few minutes the duplicates were made again.

I wonder in which way Movingpictures detects paths to moviefiles because when I take a look at the duplicates in the configuration both movies have the same filename but only one of them (the one that's not red I presume) works inside MP. Only solution: getting rid of all the movies and letting them be imported again. The most annoying about it is that you have to go back to the configuration every time.

As the topic starter is telling nearly the exact story it must be some bug in the way files are detected. I hope something can be done or maybe some settings could be altered.

Edit:
In the advanced configuration I detected two settings that look interesting:
-Allow disk monitor to watch for drive changes
-Enable importer while in GUI

Disabling the second could stop duplicating while using MP but it is not what I really want. But why is "true" the standard value for the first one ?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What i think is happening is that for some reason the required values for the volume on which the movies are stored aren't populated correctly. I've made some changes to the system for 0.8 and i'm hoping some of you which are experiencing this issue would like to participate in alpha testing 0.8 when we are ready.

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I set "Allow disk monitor to watch for drive changes" to false now. I hope that helps.

Sphero

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What i think is happening is that for some reason the required values for the volume on which the movies are stored aren't populated correctly. I've made some changes to the system for 0.8 and i'm hoping some of you which are experiencing this issue would like to participate in alpha testing 0.8 when we are ready.

Great, count me in!

Sphero

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    r707 should fix the problem, but I can only see the source code.
    Is there a compiled version available?

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    there is no fixed release date, nor that the devs are required to give one. Sufficient communication has been given about current workload for the devs.
    The r707 is nothing more then a revision, not a compiled dll. There is also sufficient documentation (for the impatient) to build your own, unsupported dll.
    ymmv.

Sphero

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well thats to bad, ill have to wait.
    I dont have subversion or Visual Studio installed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom