Duplicate Shows After Relocation (1 Viewer)

m.standish

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Wakefield
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can you help, ive moved a few series from one HDD to another (both local drives) and i have duplicates for quite a few of the show ie U:\skins\..... & t:\skins\.....

I know it usually scans and can remove non existant file but its not happening at the moment and leaving them orphaned

Is there a way to force it into rechecking for missing epiodes??

Im on latest MP & TV Series

Many Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Make sure whatever drive you moved it from is online, that way it can detect its truly gone otherwise it will think the drive is offline and ignore such maintenance.

m.standish

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Wakefield
    Home Country
    it is definatley online as my other shows are on there (it is an internal drive, same as the 2nd drive btw) . I notice that when TV series starts up it used to hand for a second while checking and show me the count of shoes ect on the splash screen
    now i notice the splash screen still appears but only for a split second.

There is no mention to any scan being beformed in the logs either

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You also need to ensure you run an import, that is the only way it will remove references if they no longer exist. Typically this is automatic in GUI unless you disabled it.

m.standish

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Wakefield
    Home Country
    Cheers for the replies.

Mastyman. Yes, i have Streamed MP and do have a white and a red copy of the episodes like you suspect
    TBH the logs wont show you anything, the only thing is shows is TV Series starting up, nothing at all about checking for files ect but i can provide if required tomorrow

ltfearme: When you say an import, I have run multiple scan via the gui for new episodes which work fine to add new shows.
    I dont understand the refrence to it being automatic though, i have always had to manually initialise an import, am i thinking of the wrong thing here.

How would i go about disabling the automatic scan so i can check its not disabled

m.standish

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Wakefield
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Ive cleared my logs, run an import and popped in the fresh logs.
    I just noticed that in the TV Series gui, it shows me having about 9600 shows which is about 50% more than i have so i guess if i were to dig about id find a lot more duplicates tahn i originally thought. any help GREATLY Appreciated

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The log seems OK, so i guess you have 2 options, manually delete all the duplicate series in the series view, or delete the database and start clean.

When u originally moved them, did you cut and paste them? or did you copy paste (so there would have been 2 copies at one point) and later on delete them from the original path?

m.standish

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Wakefield
    Home Country
    Cut and paste.

My issue is that if its not doing it here, then im guessing the feaures broken and wont ever kick back in. so id like to get it back running really

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom