[no Bug] Duplicated items when local shares defined before attaching server (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all,

Well, i'll try to explain step by step :

1 - On a new "install", setup default local shares (same if local shares are manually defined)

2 - Now start the server and attach it to the client, setup the same shares with same names (should "works" with same path but different name), wait for the database to populate with both local and global shares

You obtain :

Picture1 : Duplicated shares, as local shares creation is prevented when server is connected

Picture2 : Duplicated items in searchs (don't worry about the whites squares in the pictures, I put them myself bacause my import was not totally completed when I took the picture, so I don't want you to think it's another bug :p)

My opinion : when server is connected on the same machine than cliend, local shares with same path as global shares sould not be shown, or creating global share with same path as local share should be prevented.
    In the second case, a "Convert to global share" function could be usefull, in order to not reimport all the share(s) content again...

Cheers.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
      Picture1.jpg
      144.1 KB
    • Picture2.jpg
      Picture2.jpg
      135 KB

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Duplicated items when local shares defined before attaching server

Btw: Thank you Smeulf for your good bug reports. They are always understandable very well and detailed enough to exactly reproduce the problem.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    My pleasure Albert,

As I said, I try to do my best to help, and submitting bug report is the easiest part, you (All the Team) do the hardest.

Thanks for the software !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom