DVB-C Belgium ??? How popular is it etc? (1 Viewer)

ms2005

Portal Member
August 20, 2005
Ok, so i have a slight dilemma.

Im currently on a year abroad, 1st semester in Mannheim, germany and 2 nd semester leuven Belgium.

i was looking for a DVB-C usb as Germany seems to prefer cable but i dont want to buy something and need something new when i move to Belgium, thus, can anybody tell me if DVB-C is popular in Belgium and is it worth buying one??

Many Thanks in advance

Mike

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
pfft,

the only DVB-C solution in Belgium is telenet, and they don't allow any other decoder than their own box. (which outputs only s-video by the way..)
evne the free channels require a CAM.. :roll:

not worth it in Belgium..

(Brussels has a small provider that is abit more flexible i think, but not sure about that)..

on a personal note.. Telenet SUCKS :evil:

ms2005

Portal Member
August 20, 2005
much appreciated, so least that solves one question.

So is dvb-t much of an option?

Thanks again

Zby

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
I will try to be short:

Flanders is covered by VRT (in theory!, who is testing it???) and redistribute één, Ketnet/Canvas.
Brussels is covered by RTBF (Wallonia will be in 2006or7 ... still theory) and encapsulate La Une, La Deux and RTBF Sat.
Radios of the groups are also included, but no trace of the privately help networks in those streams!!!

Only an other evidence that politics and human stupidity only deserve what the technology should bring us!!!

Only my 2 €urocents, Zby-)

Ohhh, by the way, in Brussels it is working pretty well, I have tested it, and asked DMAN to inject the DVB-C profile for Belgium, with the info, I found on the respective provider web sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom