DVB-EPG 1 hour out (1 Viewer)

itm

Portal Pro
October 15, 2005
I've just installed MP 1.40 on a Windows 7 machine. I have a Blackgold DVB-T2 tuner card.
I followed the TV instructions from here exactly, and opted for the DVB-EPG - UK Crystal Palace
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup

The EPG downloaded OK, but the schedules are showing everything 1 hour early - e.g. ITV News at 10 is at 9pm.
This sounds like an obvious mistake on my part - can anyone advise?

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
May 31, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have the same problem as mentioned above. If I change my Date/Time to an hour early everything is fine. If I turn auto adjust for daylight saving and set the time the same problem, EPG is an hour ahead. The same with DLS disabled, I have to set the time incorrectly to an hour early. There must be an easy fix but I am missing it as all the fixes I have seen are for the WebEPG not for the DVBEPG.

Thank you for any help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There must be an easy fix...
    Nope. There is no option for adjusting the time for DVB EPG. We rely on the EPG times and PC time settings being correct.

Assuming the EPG data is correct...
    Is your Windows time zone, DST setting and time set correctly?

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi MM, yes it is. I've tried it with and without DST. I think I might have resolved the issue by changing the BIOS time, being as it was set GMT time as I bought the Motherboard in January. But will this mean I am better off disabling DST and setting time manually every spring/autumn adjustment, in BIOS and time & date? I would have expected the time to be pulled from the desktop time not the BIOS time.

Thank you for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom