DVB-IP channel problems: Some channels work some dont (Preview failed:NoPmtFound) (1 Viewer)

poldehudoklin

October 6, 2011
I am using MP 1.2.3.0 on 32bit windows7.

I am trying to setup DVB-IP on TV server.
I have successfully set up the server and imported playlist for my provider. Nevertheless, some channels work and some don't and I can not find the reason why.

Error description: If I try to preview troublesome channel in TV server configuration I get warning window saying: "Preview failed:NoPmtFound"
The same channel (udp://@232.2.2.8:5002) works when opened in VLC.
For each attempt of previewing the channel there is also record in
c:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log\error.log

2012-08-15 16:13:40.836967 [(5)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionNoPMT: TVDvbChannel.OnGraphStarted: no PMT found
at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvDvbChannel.OnGraphStarted()
at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBIPBuiltIn.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel, String url)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBIP.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)

Please help me.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you already seen this thread? -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-ip-mediaportal-iptv-source-filter.96726/
    There were quite some improvements for IPTV. Read and check the attached .zip files in the first post. :)

Installation
    For proper filter working you need Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

To use the new version just follow these simple steps:
    1. stop the TV service in the TV-Server Configuration (under "Manual Control")
    2. go to the TV server folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server)
    3. optional - make a backup of the original MPIPTVSource.ax and MPIPTV_*.dll files (if exist)
    4. copy or replace files in TV server folder with files in MPIPTVSource.zip archive
    5. optional - copy or replace MPIPTVSource.ini file in TV Server data folder (e.g. [DRIVE]:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server)
    6. optional - edit configuration in MPIPTVSource.ini file
    7. start the TV Service in the TV-Server Configuration

Last edited:

poldehudoklin

October 6, 2011

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    DVB-IP doesn't use any codec, it's just input filter. Codecs and other stuff are used only on client side. Can you check if bigger CPU load is caused by TvService or by MediaPortal process?

poldehudoklin

October 6, 2011
    Hi Holzi and georgius, thank you for your replies.
    Sorry for my late reply ... i have got a new member of my family :)
    I have checked CPU load caused by MediaPortal process and it was quite low despite video was jerky. I suspected that network interface was not up to the HD stream but it was not the case. I also suspected CAM module for decoding stream are causing overload but it was also not the case. It seems that problem was caused using the wrong codec.
    I then changed two things which resolved the problem and HD video now works on my Atom ION based player.
    1) In Mediportal Configuration under TV|TV Client checked option under TsReader options: Don't drop discontinued packets. (Not quite sure it had any effect)
    2) In Mediportal Configuration under Codecs and Renderer|TV Codecs changed H.264 video decoder from ffdshow video decoder to Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder. (This seems to help)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi Holzi and georgius, thank you for your replies.
    Sorry for my late reply ... i have got a new member of my family :)
    Congratulations :)

2) In Mediportal Configuration under Codecs and Renderer|TV Codecs changed H.264 video decoder from ffdshow video decoder to Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder. (This seems to help)
    In this case, you can use also ffdshow DXVA video decoder or LAV Video decoder (in LAV video decoder you have to choose and enable all possible HW accelerations). Ffdshow video decoder (without DXVA) is not suitable for decoding H264 encoded video (unless you have powerful CPU).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom