DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I am very new to this field so I need help with creating M3U Playlist from my free-to-air sat for IPTV. I have 3 DVB-S tuners with Mediaportal TVSERVER INSTALLED and running on my pc (windows 7 32 bit) and I have other 3 PCS running Openelec all of them have Mediaportal PVR client enable and all of them are able to stream live tv channels from my TVSERVER without any single problem within my internal network. But I got problem to stream live tv channels from my TV SERVER outside the local network (via internet). So I try to follow the instruction from this forum to make an IPTV so that I can access my TVSERVER from outside of my network over the internet. But I have no clue how to create the M3U playlist from my satellite tuners so I can scan with DVB-IP. Any help will be appreciated. This is the first time I need help in this forum so I don't know where to post for help. So i post here if it is a wrong place. Please forgive me and delete my post. Thanks for all your hard work.

Cindy,
    DVB-IP is similar to DVB-T, DVB-C or DVB-S, instead of tuner we use network card. So, DVB-IP is not suitable for streaming TV channels from your TV server to clients (outside or inside of your network). You can use your TV server for clients outside of your network, just configure clients same as clients inside network. But this will work only, if your TV server has public IP address (most of home networks use private IP addresses and also most of providers assign to your router private IP address) and also path to your TV server must not be blocked by some firewall.

Cindy80

September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am very new to this field so I need help with creating M3U Playlist from my free-to-air sat for IPTV. I have 3 DVB-S tuners with Mediaportal TVSERVER INSTALLED and running on my pc (windows 7 32 bit) and I have other 3 PCS running Openelec all of them have Mediaportal PVR client enable and all of them are able to stream live tv channels from my TVSERVER without any single problem within my internal network. But I got problem to stream live tv channels from my TV SERVER outside the local network (via internet). So I try to follow the instruction from this forum to make an IPTV so that I can access my TVSERVER from outside of my network over the internet. But I have no clue how to create the M3U playlist from my satellite tuners so I can scan with DVB-IP. Any help will be appreciated. This is the first time I need help in this forum so I don't know where to post for help. So i post here if it is a wrong place. Please forgive me and delete my post. Thanks for all your hard work.

Cindy,
    DVB-IP is similar to DVB-T, DVB-C or DVB-S, instead of tuner we use network card. So, DVB-IP is not suitable for streaming TV channels from your TV server to clients (outside or inside of your network). You can use your TV server for clients outside of your network, just configure clients same as clients inside network. But this will work only, if your TV server has public IP address (most of home networks use private IP addresses and also most of providers assign to your router private IP address) and also path to your TV server must not be blocked by some firewall.

Hi Georgius,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have used TV SERVER for client outside of my network but it didn't work. I have used Dynamic IP address (External IP) and configured ports 9596, 554, 3306, 31456, 8080 (both UDP/TCP) forwarding on my router, and my TV server firewall is turned off. Every time I use xbmc mediaportal pvr client from the internet to access my TV server, it was able to get all tv channels and all the channel guildes from my TV server, but when I CLICK ON THE CHANNEL FROM my XBMC PVR CLIENT and my TV server starts timeshift , but the XBMC PVR client keeps searching about 10 second then stops NO VIDEO AND AUDIO AT ALL, and my TV server timeshift keep running forever unless I stop it manually. Many times I have tried it (reinstalled windows 7 reinstalled Mediaportal TV Sever, disable firewall both machinces but still no luck) I am using Mediaportal TV server V 1.2.3 Tv server plugin 1.2.3.116. In addition, I also set up MediaportalWebStream and copy the streaming links to create the strm files for XBMC to stream live TV channels from my TV server, it works smooth and very quick, but every time it click the stream links on my XBMC my TV sever starts 2 or 3 timeshifts at the same time for 1 channel only so the tuner locked and when xbmc stop streaming and the TV sever stop 1 timeshift only the rests are still running so you can't stream other channels either. That is the problem i got. so I gave up and look for other solution to stream my live tv channels from my TV server, but my knowledge to this field is too poor to get it working, and also I don't know what is the cause for this issues. Any help and solutions will be very much appreciated, Georgius
    I m so sorry for long post with poor explanations

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nothing strange or suspicious. Happen this problem also when you are recording (e.g. interrupted recording before end of program)?
    Is it normal to have those continuity errors at 14-09-2012 20:27:46.147?
    Is not normal, but half of them are from recorded channel (GUID {2B9453DD-D2E4-4544-B6C6-279976EE990F}) and half of them are from watched channel. Anyway, it is interesting that discontinuities from recorder channel are logged every time, when watched channel was changed. If this problem never happened on recorded channel (e.g. recording channel was not interrupted before scheduled time), than problem is related to client side.

It indeed seems a client issue. Also had it while I was timeshifting. Any ideas where to ask for help?

sanyok_ua

December 31, 2011
    Is it possible to use IPTV source filter to handle streams created by external programs?
    I.e. I can run "rtmpdump .... | vlc -" to dump rtmp stream to pipe and use vlc to play it; maybe it's possible somehow to emulate such behavior with iptv source filter and file protocol, but how can I initiate dumping when switching to channel?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Is it possible to use IPTV source filter to handle streams created by external programs?
    I.e. I can run "rtmpdump .... | vlc -" to dump rtmp stream to pipe and use vlc to play it; maybe it's possible somehow to emulate such behavior with iptv source filter and file protocol, but how can I initiate dumping when switching to channel?
    Through file is this impossible. You should use HTTP or RTSP protocol, but for both you will need server that can handle IPTV source filter requests.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Georgius,

What exactly does this warning mean:
    Code:
    [Warning] MPIPTVSourceStream: FillBuffer(): not valid PAT packet, ignoring

I have a few channels that seriously skip packets and the log is full of these warnings.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Georgius,

What exactly does this warning mean:
    Code:
    [Warning] MPIPTVSourceStream: FillBuffer(): not valid PAT packet, ignoring

I have a few channels that seriously skip packets and the log is full of these warnings.
    Filter cannot parse PAT packet in stream, when you set changing SID and PID in stream. It can be caused by bug in parsing code (dump file for testing is needed) or PAT packet is not valid. Unfortunatelly, it can affect performance, because changing SID and PID is not disabled, when this error occurred.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom