DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The LCNs ("logical channel numbers") are usually read from the stream when the channel is scanned in. For DVB-C/S/T, the descriptor that specifies this information is carried in the network information (NIT or BAT). The default set by TsWriter is 10000 when the LCN cannot be found. I don't know if DVB-IP providers include network information in the channel streams - probably not. So maybe some custom handling (read: hacking ;)) is required... unless the information is available in the session annoucement protocol (SAP) info? If it is not available from the stream or SAP, I think it would be best/easiest to support reading it from the playlist.
    There is LCN and sort order. I think that TyfoonGT is talking about sort order. Unfortunatelly, sort order is set to LCN (if LCN is greater than 1) or is set 10000 otherwise. I think that's bad idea to parse sort order from playlist file, than send information to filter which change LCN in stream, etc. It's simplier to change server part to use information from playlist file.
    Maybe TyfoonGT can clarify. He did say "channel number" and "4 clicks per channel" - sort order can't be edited except by reordering the channels.
    Yes, default sort order is based on LCN. However the sort order doesn't really matter except for the view.
    When you use zapping by LCN (TV plugin option), you zap directly to the channel regardless of order/index.

I think we discussed simplifying the URL structure to remove some of those "hacked" parameters. I've implemented a way to remove the SID and PMT PID for providers that change these regularly. I think we could add a configuration option for DVB-IP tuners to specify the local network adapter to use. That way it doesn't have to be specified per channel in the playlist. However, we would still need to find a way to pass that information to the filter so that it binds to the right adapter during.
    These "hacked" parameters are there because there is no GUI for setting parameters (some are handled through ini file). Anyway, you still need way how to notify DVB-IP filter to use another parameters. In OnlineVideos are used classes which formats "connection string" for filter, same solution can be applied here. But first have to be decision if this filter will be integrated to MP (and replace old one). After that can come GUI, classes for connection strings, interfaces for filter etc.
    There is no doubt that this filter can/should be integrated. From my perspective, if you think it is ready and you want it to happen you only need to ask. I trust your judgement. :)

<off topic>
    About the hacked parameters again: do you also check/monitor the SID and PMT PID in the filter? The change that I have implemented means that "configuration" for those two parameters can be applied to TsWriter by setting the SID or PMT PID to zero on the channel (tuning detail).

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    There is no doubt that this filter can/should be integrated. From my perspective, if you think it is ready and you want it to happen you only need to ask. I trust your judgement. :)
    I assume that there is no possibility to get it into MP 1.3.0? After this version tourettes want to migrate all DX filter to Unicode.

<off topic>
    About the hacked parameters again: do you also check/monitor the SID and PMT PID in the filter? The change that I have implemented means that "configuration" for those two parameters can be applied to TsWriter by setting the SID or PMT PID to zero on the channel (tuning detail).
    Only in case when specified in URL. In this case are SID and PMT PID changed to values specified in URL.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I assume that there is no possibility to get it into MP 1.3.0? After this version tourettes want to migrate all DX filter to Unicode.
    No - next alpha.

Last edited:

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And another question...

I sometimes have that a random channel (after playing a random number of hours/minutes) just freezes (picture and sound). I then can still switch channels and everything still works (of course on this new channel) and also switch back. It seems that the stream causes this freeze. Mainly use UDP channels and never experienced this on WMC which I used up till now.

I would love to send the logs but up till now I did not find any pattern in this so that's difficult.
    Just post logs when it happen.

Ok, it just happened again. I attached the three log files (MPiptvsource log only a small part due to the file size). Should be around 20:27 today (14/9).

Driving me (well, actually the wife and kids) nuts....

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Ok, it just happened again. I attached the three log files (MPiptvsource log only a small part due to the file size). Should be around 20:27 today (14/9).

Nothing strange or suspicious. Happen this problem also when you are recording (e.g. interrupted recording before end of program)?

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The LCNs ("logical channel numbers") are usually read from the stream when the channel is scanned in. For DVB-C/S/T, the descriptor that specifies this information is carried in the network information (NIT or BAT). The default set by TsWriter is 10000 when the LCN cannot be found. I don't know if DVB-IP providers include network information in the channel streams - probably not. So maybe some custom handling (read: hacking ;)) is required... unless the information is available in the session annoucement protocol (SAP) info? If it is not available from the stream or SAP, I think it would be best/easiest to support reading it from the playlist.
    There is LCN and sort order. I think that TyfoonGT is talking about sort order. Unfortunatelly, sort order is set to LCN (if LCN is greater than 1) or is set 10000 otherwise. I think that's bad idea to parse sort order from playlist file, than send information to filter which change LCN in stream, etc. It's simplier to change server part to use information from playlist file.

Maybe TyfoonGT can clarify. He did say "channel number" and "4 clicks per channel" - sort order can't be edited except by reordering the channels.
    Yes, default sort order is based on LCN. However the sort order doesn't really matter except for the view.
    When you use zapping by LCN (TV plugin option), you zap directly to the channel regardless of order/index.

After scanning channels; Goto TV channels, select ALL channels ; You can see all channel numbers there.

Now you can sort all, that's fine BUT the actual channel number is still 10000 for all. I have about 200 channels but they are spread over 900 channel numbers. Just sorting will make them all sequential and not have them keep the number they should have.

I can change this by right click, edit, detail about that channel appear, focus mouse on channel again, right click 'edit', change channel number, click OK, click OK and repeat the cycle for every channel...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1347649526][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nothing strange or suspicious. Happen this problem also when you are recording (e.g. interrupted recording before end of program)?

In this case I was also recording a different channel but it also happens when this is not happening. I was not recording the channel that just freezes. The channels just freezes after a few minutes (in this case), can also be much longer or not happen at all.

TV Server does not seem to notice anything as I can still switch to another channel, put up the mini guide etc.

I'm timeshifting on an SSD (with enough space) could that have any relation with this problem ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Is it normal to have those continuity errors at 14-09-2012 20:27:46.147?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    After scanning channels; Goto TV channels, select ALL channels ; You can see all channel numbers there.
    Let us be very clear. :)
    Those channel numbers that you see there are the logical channel numbers from the provider.

Now you can sort all, that's fine BUT the actual channel number is still 10000 for all.
    Yes. Sorting changes the order, but not the LCN.
    Let us take an example channel group:

[Channel name (LCN)]
    CH C (3)
    CH E (5)
    CH G (7)

The number that you use to "zap" to the channel depends on the "select channel by index" setting (-->wiki notes<--).
    If you enable "select channel by index" then when you press 3 you will switch to CH G.
    If you disable "select channel by index" then when you press 3 you will switch to CH C.

So the 10000 only matters if you want to disable "select channel by index".

I have about 200 channels but they are spread over 900 channel numbers. Just sorting will make them all sequential and not have them keep the number they should have.
    Sorting by channel number should not change the LCN. In other words, sorting will not change each 10000 to 1, 2, 3, 4... and so on. MP is not designed to work that way.

I can change this by right click, edit, detail about that channel appear, focus mouse on channel again, right click 'edit', change channel number, click OK, click OK and repeat the cycle for every channel...
    Yes.
    Again - this is only important if you want to disable "select channel by index" or you like to look at the channel numbers and see that they are correct. Otherwise, setting the LCN really doesn't have any effect.

Nevertheless...
    One way that you can work around this slow updating is to export your channels. Then edit the XML file with any text editor and update the ChannelNumber value for each channel as you like. After that, delete all your channels in TV Server and import.

mm

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia

Is it normal to have those continuity errors at 14-09-2012 20:27:46.147?
    Is not normal, but half of them are from recorded channel (GUID {2B9453DD-D2E4-4544-B6C6-279976EE990F}) and half of them are from watched channel. Anyway, it is interesting that discontinuities from recorder channel are logged every time, when watched channel was changed. If this problem never happened on recorded channel (e.g. recording channel was not interrupted before scheduled time), than problem is related to client side.

Cindy80

September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am very new to this field so I need help with creating M3U Playlist from my free-to-air sat for IPTV. I have 3 DVB-S tuners with Mediaportal TVSERVER INSTALLED and running on my pc (windows 7 32 bit) and I have other 3 PCS running Openelec all of them have Mediaportal PVR client enable and all of them are able to stream live tv channels from my TVSERVER without any single problem within my internal network. But I got problem to stream live tv channels from my TV SERVER outside the local network (via internet). So I try to follow the instruction from this forum to make an IPTV so that I can access my TVSERVER from outside of my network over the internet. But I have no clue how to create the M3U playlist from my satellite tuners so I can scan with DVB-IP. Any help will be appreciated. This is the first time I need help in this forum so I don't know where to post for help. So i post here if it is a wrong place. Please forgive me and delete my post. Thanks for all your hard work.

Cindy,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom