DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is there a way to have the source filter read the channel numbers?

All channels imported from the playlist give channel 1000 which means I cannot sort on them or go directly to them (like the kids often do) . I can change the channel number in MP server (after 4 clicks per channel) and change it but with over 300 IPTV channels that's not ideal (with channel number from 1- 900).

See below a part of my playlist. I have also tried changing the numbers behind EXTINF to 0 but that did not help.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:1,Nederland 1 HD
C:|Interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@224.1.3.1:12110
#EXTINF:2,Nederland 2 HD
C:|Interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@224.1.3.2:12112
#EXTINF:3,Nederland 3 HD
C:|Interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@224.1.3.3:12114

MPM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have been testing IPTV for few days now and need some help...

The playback of http streams in MP is "jumpy"... In almost all cases I get it smooth if I pause it for 10-15 seconds and then press play again... I have tried to emulate this "pause/play" behaviour by increasing buffer size and max buffer parameters but it doesn't make a lot of difference. Same streams play smoothly in the VLC...

Any other parameters that I could play with? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Can you follow Reporting bugs and problems section in first post and post logs?

Yes, sir! :cool:

Log files are attached... Forgot to mention that the sound is typically OK, it's only picture that's "jumpy", i.e. it lookes like there is a lot of skipped frames.

Cheers!

Last edited:

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Yes, sir! :cool:

Log files are attached... Forgot to mention that the sound is typically OK, it's only picture that's "jumpy", i.e. it lookes like there is a lot of skipped frames.

Cheers!
    Nothing special in your logs, but they are really short (19 secs). Within 19 secs you have two discontinuities, so this can be reason. If you make longer log, it can be clearer. But also found that video is H264, so reason can be wrong codec for H264 (strongly recommended is with HW acceleration, e.g. ffdshow DXVA video decoder or LAV video decoder with enabled HW acceleration). Can you make longer logs and also attach client logs (just for confirmation that you're using right codecs)?

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, it's part of TV Server Configuration. Maybe you should report this in Bugreports forum.

Just to make 100% sure:

So I cannot for instance add: |channel=xxx to the URL; so you would get C:|Interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@224.1.3.3:12114|channel=1000

Or change it directly in the SQL table?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Just to make 100% sure:

So I cannot for instance add: |channel=xxx to the URL; so you would get C:|Interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@224.1.3.3:12114|channel=1000
    No, the value is hardcoded in TV Server Configuration.

If you're familiar with SQL, it is the best option.

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And another question...

I sometimes have that a random channel (after playing a random number of hours/minutes) just freezes (picture and sound). I then can still switch channels and everything still works (of course on this new channel) and also switch back. It seems that the stream causes this freeze. Mainly use UDP channels and never experienced this on WMC which I used up till now.

I would love to send the logs but up till now I did not find any pattern in this so that's difficult.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, it's part of TV Server Configuration. Maybe you should report this in Bugreports forum.

Just to make 100% sure:

The LCNs ("logical channel numbers") are usually read from the stream when the channel is scanned in. For DVB-C/S/T, the descriptor that specifies this information is carried in the network information (NIT or BAT). The default set by TsWriter is 10000 when the LCN cannot be found. I don't know if DVB-IP providers include network information in the channel streams - probably not. So maybe some custom handling (read: hacking ;)) is required... unless the information is available in the session annoucement protocol (SAP) info? If it is not available from the stream or SAP, I think it would be best/easiest to support reading it from the playlist.

@georgius: while I remember...
    I think we discussed simplifying the URL structure to remove some of those "hacked" parameters. I've implemented a way to remove the SID and PMT PID for providers that change these regularly. I think we could add a configuration option for DVB-IP tuners to specify the local network adapter to use. That way it doesn't have to be specified per channel in the playlist. However, we would still need to find a way to pass that information to the filter so that it binds to the right adapter during.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    The LCNs ("logical channel numbers") are usually read from the stream when the channel is scanned in. For DVB-C/S/T, the descriptor that specifies this information is carried in the network information (NIT or BAT). The default set by TsWriter is 10000 when the LCN cannot be found. I don't know if DVB-IP providers include network information in the channel streams - probably not. So maybe some custom handling (read: hacking ;)) is required... unless the information is available in the session annoucement protocol (SAP) info? If it is not available from the stream or SAP, I think it would be best/easiest to support reading it from the playlist.
    There is LCN and sort order. I think that TyfoonGT is talking about sort order. Unfortunatelly, sort order is set to LCN (if LCN is greater than 1) or is set 10000 otherwise. I think that's bad idea to parse sort order from playlist file, than send information to filter which change LCN in stream, etc. It's simplier to change server part to use information from playlist file.

I think we discussed simplifying the URL structure to remove some of those "hacked" parameters. I've implemented a way to remove the SID and PMT PID for providers that change these regularly. I think we could add a configuration option for DVB-IP tuners to specify the local network adapter to use. That way it doesn't have to be specified per channel in the playlist. However, we would still need to find a way to pass that information to the filter so that it binds to the right adapter during.
    These "hacked" parameters are there because there is no GUI for setting parameters (some are handled through ini file). Anyway, you still need way how to notify DVB-IP filter to use another parameters. In OnlineVideos are used classes which formats "connection string" for filter, same solution can be applied here. But first have to be decision if this filter will be integrated to MP (and replace old one). After that can come GUI, classes for connection strings, interfaces for filter etc.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    And another question...

I sometimes have that a random channel (after playing a random number of hours/minutes) just freezes (picture and sound). I then can still switch channels and everything still works (of course on this new channel) and also switch back. It seems that the stream causes this freeze. Mainly use UDP channels and never experienced this on WMC which I used up till now.

I would love to send the logs but up till now I did not find any pattern in this so that's difficult.
    Just post logs when it happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom