DVB Open-Source code available (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

hello,

New tester reporting for duty !

I get the black screen message about missing skin (I also got the black screen message about tuner not found before I configured it !)

connecting with graphedit I have a nicely looking graph !!

hauppauge wintv-nova-s (technotrend budget) dvb-s and perhaps significantly Intervideo decoders are picked up.

Will try promoting other decoders with filtermanager if that's a test you'd like done ?? I also have cyberlink and NVidia (but I think the nvidia will only work with showshifter for licencing reasons).

that's one small step ...

A

Anonymous

bionicdonkey said:
just to comfirm shane, are you using the updated DShowNET i posted and also have you got Interop.TunerLib.dll in the mediaportal base directory?

Not in the base directory, in the plugins/windows directory from an earlier attempt. Moving it to the base directory didn't help eithr.

bionicdonkey said:
i am also using the twinhan card and can build the graph fine. i'm not sure why i'm the only one that can get the graph built. i can't find anything specific to my setup in the code.

NFI ;-)

bionicdonkey said:
there is one thing specific...InterVideo Decoders

Yes, my decoder of choice.

Shane

bionicdonkey

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Sydney :: Australia
hally said:
bionicdonkey said:
just to comfirm shane, are you using the updated DShowNET i posted and also have you got Interop.TunerLib.dll in the mediaportal base directory?

Not in the base directory, in the plugins/windows directory from an earlier attempt. Moving it to the base directory didn't help eithr.

bionicdonkey said:
i am also using the twinhan card and can build the graph fine. i'm not sure why i'm the only one that can get the graph built. i can't find anything specific to my setup in the code.

NFI ;-)

bionicdonkey said:
there is one thing specific...InterVideo Decoders

Yes, my decoder of choice.

Shane

have you tried the latest binaries posted on the previous page? (latestBinaries.rar)

A

Anonymous

Yes, without success. There could be lots of reasons for the issue I guess. Perhaps I don't have the same version of the Intervideo decoder as you have (I think mine is from WinDVD 5). I have an ATI 9550 with VIVO and WDM drivers which kills ShowShifter (it works with the WDM drivers but not with DVB-T). I can run DigitalWatch and WebScheduler fine though.

Any more ideas? I'll keep trying as/when I get time.

Shane

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Josh,

Good news it works on the two cards I have tested it with!!!!

DTVTest9.JPG

DTVTest10.JPG

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hally said:
    Yes, without success. There could be lots of reasons for the issue I guess. Perhaps I don't have the same version of the Intervideo decoder as you have (I think mine is from WinDVD 5). I have an ATI 9550 with VIVO and WDM drivers which kills ShowShifter (it works with the WDM drivers but not with DVB-T). I can run DigitalWatch and WebScheduler fine though.

Any more ideas? I'll keep trying as/when I get time.

Shane

Shane,

The code points specifically to the WinDVD 6 Intervideo Codecs at this stage. In time I'm sure the code will be adjusted to work with the MPEG decoders of choice.

DMAN.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    BionicDonkey,

Are you interested in the sourcecode to a dvb-t BDA grapg builder made in delphi?

Dcoder was kind enough to send me his source of his solution. He is using this in zoomplayer.

Meet me on IRC and I can send it to you, or leave your email here or in a pm.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All,

You will find a special DTV CVS build of MediaPortal here...

http://www.kiwi07.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MPDTVCVS/DTVCVS041104.zip

This includes all the Digital TV work that BionicDonkey has done to date for testing purposes.

Will this build allow you to watch Digital TV - In a word NO (well not yet... :wink: )
    What it will do is allow you to check that his plugin will detect your DVB card via it's BDA drivers and insert the required filters in a graph.

How to test:

1. Install the latest setup release of MediaPortal (0.0.12) at the moment.
    2. Extract the CVS build from the link above to your MediaPortal installation directory and overwrite the existing files.
    3. Ensure you are running BDA drivers for your card.
    4. Obtain Graph Edit from the web or from the DirectX 9 SDK.
    To get a graph similar to mine above ensure you have WinDVD 6 installed.
    This is not mandotry as you'll just get a result like Maschine got with a few quick error messages.
    5. Run Configuration.exe then go to Plugins, click on MyDTV and then the Setup button.
    6. Choose your DVB Tuner card and your Network type and then Save the configuration.
    7. Ensure that the MyDTV plugin has a tick next to it.
    8. Run MediaPortal
    9. In the home screen of MP scroll down and choose MyDTV
    10. You should eventually get a black screen with white text highlighting the xml skin file is missing. THIS IS AOK
    11. Run Graph Edit whilst MP is still running this screen.
    12. Click on file and then 'Connect to Remote Graph'
    13. Choose the remote graph in the list and then OK.
    14. You will hopefully see a graph similar to mine above for your card.
    15. Report on your success or failure here http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=11510#11510
    Because this thread is getting far too big! LOL (My fault)

Like so:

DVB card name:
    DVB card type: (i.e. DVB-T DVB-S etc)
    BDA driver version:
    Result: (i.e. Graph added Tuner and Capture filters correctly etc)
    Error message(s):
    Where error message(s) were seen:

16. Tell BionicDonkey how much of a star he is and the next time you're in sydney you'll buy him a few beers!

In time this plugin will be integrated into the main application under MyTV but for testing purposes the code is currently seperated out.
    Also in the future other decoders apart from the WinDVD 6 variants will be supported too.
    You can also be able to quickly test under Configuration --> Television --> Capture Cards if you card can be setup here also.
    Note: MyTV currently won't work with this or build a graph.

Enjoy for now.

DMAN.

A

Anonymous

dman_lfc said:
    ...snip...

In time this plugin will be integrated into the main application under MyTV but for testing purposes the code is currently seperated out.

I'd like to ask a question how the MyDTV and MyTV should (or shouldn't) be merged. Where I am (Melbourne, Australia) I get FTA DTV via my DVB-T card, but I get Foxtel Digital via either my analogue in on my Fusion card or directly in via my video card's VIVO port. This means I want to be able to access both MyDTV and MyTV depending on what is on. Ie if the program is on FTA DTV then I'll use MyDTV, but if it is on a Foxtel only channel I'll watch it via MyTV (or something else?).

Does this make sense? Is it practical? Will it be possible to access the Fusion's video in (and that of other cards) using MyDTV? I think the Fusion still uses WDM drivers for its video in and BDA for the DVB-T.

Ugly!

Shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom