DVB-S Problems changing channel (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    KRA said:
    I put out a log file:
    http://mp.pastebin.com/614674

I did the following, exit MP, delete all log files.
    1. start mediaportal
    2. enter my TV
    3. the channel NRK 2 turns on (although there is a reference to the channel Canal Motor in the log, I was newer watching this)
    4. change channel to TV2 Norge, on the same transponder. So this doesn't work.
    5. try to view channel fullscreen, but it's only a black screen
    6. go back to main menu (tv is automaticly stopped, like when TS is off)
    7 exit MP
    8, post log file and this message
    i also use a floppydtv DVB-S here. i havent noticed any issues during channel changes with latest cvs. but it sounds simmilar to this issue http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/showthread.php?t=435

imported_KRA

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    My hopes that now the AC3/MPG Audio problem chaning channel was fixed, my problem would go away also, died pretty fast. I still have the same issue.

One thing to notice though, as I said channel change on the same transponder does not work, changing to a channel on a different transponder works.

If I change to from Channel A to channel B (same transpnder) nothing happens, just a black screen, and when I go back to main menu, tv stops, just like if TS was not on. If I go back in again still only black screen.

BUT, I i wait in the main menu for say like a minute or so, and go back to MyTV, then channel B comes on.

I have noticed this before, that going to the main menu and stopping TV doesn't seem to really stop it instantly, because going back to MyTV the channel would appear instantly, like it was already on/or TS buffer was running.

So basically my theory is that the problem isn't really tuning to a channel on the same transponder, but rather ZAP'ing to a channel on the same transponder (changing channel "on the fly" while watching)

I've looked at the log files, and found 2 noticable different things.
    Tuning to the channel from a different transponder gives this:
    DVBGraphBDA: signal strength:86 signal quality:86 signal present:True locked:True
    Tuning the same channel from the same transponder gives this:
    DVBGraphBDA: signal strength:14 signal quality:14 signal present:False locked:False

The other thing is PMT related, I don't know if this is supposed to be there:
    wait for pmt :-1
    wait for pmt :-1

The other PMT issue I see in the log file, is when the channel tune is done and TS is turned on, the PMT stuff is invoked. When you tune to a channel on the same transponder this never happens. Right after you see this:
    Recorder: Card:FireDTV DVB-S timeshift tv channel
    The PMT stuff is usually invoked, but not this time, nothing else happens until I stop everything.

Testing done on CVS 25/03

imported_KRA

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    Just to confirm I did a fresh install of windows.
    Installed only drivers, and no patches, then MP, and I have the same problem, installed all the patches (drm,bda,1394 etc..) and current CVS, still the same problem....

imported_KRA

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    I just put my Twinhan DVB-S back in the computer, to check if it had the same problem. And it did not!

Changing channels on the same transponder now works, however it's still not trouble free, almost every time I get the "no signal detected" even though the audio is playing, and the picture is just a few seconds away. Sometimes though it doesn't work chaning channel. But it is not the same problem as the FloppyDTV has, that cannot change channel at all on the same transponder.

imported_KRA

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    Since the twinhan drivers (both versions currently on twinhan.com) made my computer bsod with errors in 878bda.sys or someting like that, I though it was time to check out the FloppyDTV again.

So I disabled the Twinhan in device manager, removed it from MP Config, added the FloppyDTV in config, and tuned the channels again. Applied todays SVN version on top of the old install.

Unfortunatly now my PVR 350 don't work, something about not being able to build a filter graph. So I removed it and started up MP with only FloppyDTV configured. Changing channels now works fine. My problems seems to be gone!!

This is just with a few tests, need to test more over time to be 100% sure, but so far it looks good.

petteram

Portal Pro
    November 4, 2005
    Norway
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 Norwegian
    CPU Type: P4 2.8GHz
    Memory: 1024
    Motherboard: MSI 848P Neo-V
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel® 848P
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Gigabyte 6600GT silentpipe
    Video Card Driver: 84.21
    Sound Card: HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 Gold
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV-S
    1. TV Card Type: Hardvare
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.2.0
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 500-MCE (deaktivated)
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    Video Codec: Nvidia 1.02-196
    Audio Codec: Nvidia 1.02-196
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal digital/Thor 2/3 at 1.0°W
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC13
    Power Supply: Mist 500W
    Remote: Microsoft MCE
    TV: Fujitsu-Siemens Myrica 32" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Have some of the same problems.
    Can watch tv for hours changing channels without problems
    and suddenly when changing channel MP just freezes and I have to reboot
    to get tv back on.
    In FloppyDTV CI tool there is a message "CI not supported by hardware"
    Still testing...

View attachment 425

imported_KRA

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    MP supposedly doesn't use the FloppyDTV CI tool, but still, getting such a message probably isn't a good thing.

Even though MP doesn't use the CI tool, it is still doing it's thing in the background, because if I try to watch a PPV channel, the CI tool pops up asking for a code or something...

petteram

Portal Pro
    November 4, 2005
    Norway
    I can see in the log I get the same message as you about signal strenght.
    (see log in reply above)
    "DVBGraphBDA: signal strength:0 signal quality:0 signal present:True locked:True"

I also have this line:
    "DVBGraph: FAILED unable to start graph :0x800705AA"

petteram

Portal Pro
    November 4, 2005
    Norway
    KRA...try to install your PVR-350 again and set priority to 1 in setup
    and then set priority for your FloppyDTV to 10 and see if this helped.

imported_KRA

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    Sorry forgot to mention that the PVR350 was not a MP related issue, it seems that probably during one of the bsod's the hauppauge driver got messed up, and a simple reinstall of the driver fixed the problem.

I've come across a new problem now though, don't know if it's dvb-s related since I haven't scheduled any recordings on the pvr350, but 2 times now MP did not start recording a scheduled recording. If I try to go into mytv and change channel to the one it's supposed to record from, nothing happens. If I end MP and start it again it starts recording instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom