[confirm] - DVB-S Scan not working

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC 1 & 2' started by jameson_uk, February 21, 2010.

1. jameson_uk
    • Premium Supporter

jameson_uk Retired Team Member

Data Warehousing Consultant
    Ratings:
    +2,405 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Just did a complete re-install of TVServer and went to do a DVB-S scan but lots of channels not picked up.

I edited the transponder file to only include the first transponder (which I knew had no channels picked up on). If I scan in MP I just get the no signal error. If I scan this freq in DVBViewer it happily picks up the right channels with 100% signal strength.

Also found a very small error in that I clicked on Diseq tab by mistake in trying to get logs for this. It appears the default setting is for 2E for which there is no transponder file in the tuning parameters folder.

Attached Files:

• scan.zip
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      February 21, 2010
      Views:
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rediska

rediska Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem that i can't scan for dvb-s channels. i always have full strength but no quality during scans.
    If i try to scan, only the first transponder works, after that i get a nothing found error. if i close the config. stop tvservice and restart config i can scan one transponder again. it doesn't matter whether i scan for a single transponder or for all.
    the same issue is with watching tv in mp. if i scan and get the nothing found message then start mp i get a couldn't build graph dialog. if i quit mp restart the tvservice then everything works fine.
    here are some logs. i restarteted the tvservice between them and deleted the zipped. only in log4 is scaning before restart and after restart in the same file.
    It could also be related to this the "Can only timeshift once after each tvservice restart" thread.
    Will try this later and post my resuts.

Attached Files:

• log2.zip
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      February 21, 2010
      Views:
    • log3.zip
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      February 21, 2010
      Views:
    • log4.zip
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      February 21, 2010
      Views:
  4. rediska

rediska Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Now I tried to scan with the "Always reset graph after stop" debug Option like it was said in "Can only timeshift once after each tvservice restart" thread and it worked.

I did some testing. here are the steps:

I started the tvconfig tool with debugoption set the reset graph option and closed. stopped the tvservice. restarted the config tool and scanned on Astra 19.2 the 1074400KHz 22000 LinearH transponder, then the 1195400KHz 27500 LinearH (both are DVB-S) and then the 11362000KHz 22000 LinearH transponder that is dvb-s2 but i get a no signal on the last scan ( did 3 scans on that transponder dvb-s2 option enabled, disabled and enabled again and got three times the same result with no signal).
    the first to scans worked fine and it seems that all of the dvb-s transponders are working but the dvb-s2 doesn't work.
    then i cleared the channels. removed the reset graph option, closed the tool, stopped the tvservice and restarted the tool and did the same scans in the same order again.
    On the first scan every thing worked fine. i found 6 channels. the second scan said nothing found. and the 3rd scan on the dvb-s2 channels said no signal.

There is a log of the whole procedure attached.

I have a single-seat installation on a xp86 sp3 machine with a cinergy s2 without cam.

5. riksmith

riksmith Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +321 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Any dev with dvb-s who can look at this?

6. Toom

Toom Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @ rediska:
    Exactly the same at my machine.
    devs: Do you need further logs as the one posted above ?

7. chemelli
    • Premium Supporter

chemelli Retired Team Member

Activation Manager - Cloud Services
    Ratings:
    +1,127 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    I see you all have issues with DVB-S when TvServer runs on XP.

This may be the reason why we are not able to confirm. No more XP on MP Team :p

Simone

8. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +587 / 1
  9. chemelli
    • Premium Supporter

chemelli Retired Team Member

Activation Manager - Cloud Services
    Ratings:
    +1,127 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    This is a well know driver issue. Dunno if there isa way to solve it.

Gibman, can you comment please ?

Simone

10. joko

joko New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Same problem here....

Greetz Jo

11. Xenu

Xenu Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    I also have this problem. All DVB-S2 transponders scan as "No Signal" which is not true, I am able to scan the transponders just fine with built in FloppyDTV viewer.

Is there any fix yet?

Is it just a scanning problem, IE if MP knew about these channels already would they clear?

This only happens on DVB-S2 transponders, using a FloppyDTV S2 card on XP SP3 also tried latest 1.1.0RC3 and its same.
    Im unable to run Win7 so would love to see a fix for this, otherwise MP is now useless for me and I really dont wanna go back to using Sky's crappy HD bucket.

:D

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!