[confirm] DVB-S Scan not working (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just did a complete re-install of TVServer and went to do a DVB-S scan but lots of channels not picked up.

I edited the transponder file to only include the first transponder (which I knew had no channels picked up on). If I scan in MP I just get the no signal error. If I scan this freq in DVBViewer it happily picks up the right channels with 100% signal strength.

Also found a very small error in that I clicked on Diseq tab by mistake in trying to get logs for this. It appears the default setting is for 2E for which there is no transponder file in the tuning parameters folder.

Attachments

• scan.zip
      30.6 KB

rediska

Portal Member
    February 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem that i can't scan for dvb-s channels. i always have full strength but no quality during scans.
    If i try to scan, only the first transponder works, after that i get a nothing found error. if i close the config. stop tvservice and restart config i can scan one transponder again. it doesn't matter whether i scan for a single transponder or for all.
    the same issue is with watching tv in mp. if i scan and get the nothing found message then start mp i get a couldn't build graph dialog. if i quit mp restart the tvservice then everything works fine.
    here are some logs. i restarteted the tvservice between them and deleted the zipped. only in log4 is scaning before restart and after restart in the same file.
    It could also be related to this the "Can only timeshift once after each tvservice restart" thread.
    Will try this later and post my resuts.

Attachments

• log2.zip
      30.6 KB
    • log3.zip
      30.6 KB
    • log4.zip
      30.6 KB

rediska

Portal Member
    February 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I tried to scan with the "Always reset graph after stop" debug Option like it was said in "Can only timeshift once after each tvservice restart" thread and it worked.

I did some testing. here are the steps:

I started the tvconfig tool with debugoption set the reset graph option and closed. stopped the tvservice. restarted the config tool and scanned on Astra 19.2 the 1074400KHz 22000 LinearH transponder, then the 1195400KHz 27500 LinearH (both are DVB-S) and then the 11362000KHz 22000 LinearH transponder that is dvb-s2 but i get a no signal on the last scan ( did 3 scans on that transponder dvb-s2 option enabled, disabled and enabled again and got three times the same result with no signal).
    the first to scans worked fine and it seems that all of the dvb-s transponders are working but the dvb-s2 doesn't work.
    then i cleared the channels. removed the reset graph option, closed the tool, stopped the tvservice and restarted the tool and did the same scans in the same order again.
    On the first scan every thing worked fine. i found 6 channels. the second scan said nothing found. and the 3rd scan on the dvb-s2 channels said no signal.

There is a log of the whole procedure attached.

I have a single-seat installation on a xp86 sp3 machine with a cinergy s2 without cam.

Toom

Portal Member
    March 30, 2009
    @ rediska:
    Exactly the same at my machine.
    devs: Do you need further logs as the one posted above ?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I see you all have issues with DVB-S when TvServer runs on XP.

This may be the reason why we are not able to confirm. No more XP on MP Team :p

Simone

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    nope :p
    i have the same problem on win7 x86
    but this happens only with skystar2 and after resume, when i reboot the scan works.
    Attached logs and images:
    after resume:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/tv-streaming-480/56884d1267131368-mp-1-1-rc-tv-server-findet-keine-kanaele-logs_nach_ruhezustand.zip
    56886d1267131368-mp-1-1-rc-tv-server-findet-keine-kanaele-ruhezustand.jpg

after reboot:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/tv-streaming-480/56885d1267131368-mp-1-1-rc-tv-server-findet-keine-kanaele-logs_nach_dem_neu-start.zip
    56887d1267131390-mp-1-1-rc-tv-server-findet-keine-kanaele-neu_start.jpg

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    nope :p
    i have the same problem on win7 x86
    but this happens only with skystar2 and after resume, when i reboot the scan works.

This is a well know driver issue. Dunno if there isa way to solve it.

Gibman, can you comment please ?

Simone

joko

March 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Same problem here....

Greetz Jo

Xenu

Portal Member
    May 22, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I also have this problem. All DVB-S2 transponders scan as "No Signal" which is not true, I am able to scan the transponders just fine with built in FloppyDTV viewer.

Is there any fix yet?

Is it just a scanning problem, IE if MP knew about these channels already would they clear?

This only happens on DVB-S2 transponders, using a FloppyDTV S2 card on XP SP3 also tried latest 1.1.0RC3 and its same.
    Im unable to run Win7 so would love to see a fix for this, otherwise MP is now useless for me and I really dont wanna go back to using Sky's crappy HD bucket.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom