[Installation] DVB-S scanning not working with hauppauge s2 hd and symbolrate 30000 (1 Viewer)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Dman

I really appreciate you helping out on this issue. Unfortunately the DLL did not fix the problem. Actually it crashed the tvserver
regards

Jacob

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi again.

I should add to this thread that when scanning with the pilot setting off to e able to get a lock on the S2 transponders other weird things happen.

After finding all the HD channels on 1 west i have to edit each channel because its set to mod8psk2 instead og mod8psk. Also it finds all the HD channels twice and puts a (1) after the channel.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

regards

Jacob

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ok.

This is really frustrating. Scanning the HD channels on 19.2 east does indeed need the pilot set to "on" for the channels to be found.

Is this a driver issue?

Regards

Jacob

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
ok. i posted the problem on the Hauppauge forum and recieved an answer within a few hours :)

It's not a bug in our driver. We have set of values that are used by the driver for tuning. It depends if they are sending the right value based on the UI setting you are seeing. The should have the code snippet for this driver, if not we can supply this to them.

If it helps these are the values we use for 19.2E in WinTV v7. (take from satellites.xml included in WinTV v7)

Note Pilot set to -1 means not set aka auto.

<transponder frequency="11303000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="H" fec_inner="2/3" broadcast_type="DVB-S2" modulation="8PSK" pilot="-1" rolloff="35"></transponder>
<transponder frequency="11362000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="H" fec_inner="2/3" broadcast_type="DVB-S2" modulation="8PSK" pilot="-1" rolloff="35"></transponder>
<transponder frequency="11436000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="V" fec_inner="2/3" broadcast_type="DVB-S2" modulation="8PSK" pilot="-1" rolloff="35"></transponder>
<transponder frequency="11914000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="H" fec_inner="9/10" broadcast_type="DVB-S2" modulation="QPSK" pilot="-1" rolloff="35"></transponder>
<transponder frequency="12521000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="V" fec_inner="2/3" broadcast_type="DVB-S2" modulation="8PSK" pilot="-1" rolloff="35"></transponder>
<transponder frequency="12581000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="V" fec_inner="2/3" broadcast_type="DVB-S2" modulation="8PSK" pilot="-1" rolloff="35"></transponder>
<transponder frequency="12670000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="V" fec_inner="2/3" broadcast_type="DVB-S2" modulation="8PSK" pilot="-1" rolloff="35"></transponder>

Possible driver bug in nova S2 HD - only S2 transponders - Hauppauge UK Forum

I then tried installing their wintv7 solution and that scans and finds the channels no problem. Could someone please take a look at this issue.

regards

Jacob

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Dman,

Thanks

I think we are getting closer now. It actually scans the channels now but incorrectly sets the channel to mod8psk2 instead of mod8psk, so i still have to go edit every single channel afterwards to get them to work.

Maybe you can fix that too :)

regards

Jacob

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Dman,

Thanks

I think we are getting closer now. It actually scans the channels now but incorrectly sets the channel to mod8psk2 instead of mod8psk, so i still have to go edit every single channel afterwards to get them to work.

Maybe you can fix that too :)

regards

Jacob

No thats actually correct.
    DVB-S2 was not part of the BDA spec so driver developers used modulation workarounds.

DMAN

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ok.

Great.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Jacob

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Thank you this has been a Pain in the Arse for me for sky UK on Astra 28.2°E.

I have a TT-3200 and a Happague Win tv Nova HD-S2.

I needed to edit the Pilot to off an all the transponder data.
    I also need to mod8psk2 to mod8psk.

Unfortunately with out the fix If I scan S2 channels with one card it breaks S2 channels on the other. There is no good reason why on DVB-S2 modqpsk2 channels but for some bizare reason it does. so I disabled DVB-s2 on the happaague card for now.

Hopefully that fix will do the trick when I get time to try it, hopefully later on today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom