[confirm] DVB-S stops working after a while - More User have that problem (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I already understood that this is a CI/CAM driver problem but hoped reseting would be a good workaround...
    If you understand that, why do you keep mentioning PMT and memory leaks?

I wanted to try your suggestion with the reset:
    You can do a reset when the tuner is stopped already by enabling the "always reset graph after stop" debug option:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/deki/files/2069/=Capture.JPG

But there is no debug "Debug option" in my TV sever setup menu? Who do I get this option to enable the reset of graph?
    To be clear: I do not suggest or recommend you do this. That option will be gone in TVE 3.5, so better would be to fix the real cause properly.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/1_Command_Line_Options

SetupTv.exe /DebugOptions

Next I'll take out CAM module for a while to test only uncrypted use of TT card.
    Okay, but how about removing and reinserting the CAM and/or smartcard when the problem occurs as I suggested previously?

In addition I'll try to ask tt for further help...
    I don't think you'll get any help from them. They don't provide support for MP. They also don't do any further development for the S2-3200.

Do You have a idea why the intervals of this occures of that problem so flexible? Sometimes less than 3 hours sometimes more days? Does it make sence to write a test plugin to find out in which exact situation this topic comes up?
    Actually, I think it usually doesn't take too long, but sometimes you don't notice the problem for days because you don't seem to use your TV Server very often.

Please provide your full TVService log files. I'd like to check to see when the problem started.

mm

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi mm,

I found the debug option and enabled "always reset graph after stop". I'm interested how long tv server will work and if that workaround will help...
    Does this option reset graph and so also the card before each use or what does this reset exactly does?

To be clear: I do not suggest or recommend you do this. That option will be gone in TVE 3.5, so better would be to fix the real cause properly.

So, are You rewriting tvserver? In which timeline do You do this? I understand that this reseting is only a workaround and it's allways better to solve the problem. But when You say

ramu ramu said: ↑
    In addition I'll try to ask tt for further help...
    I don't think you'll get any help from them. They don't provide support for MP. They also don't do any further development for the S2-3200.

do You see any other chance to solve that problem as to get a newer, fixed version of tt driver? Are there alternative drivers (open source?) aviable?

I didn't try to pull out CAM while server is running because I do not want to cause HW problems. Are You sure it's possible?

Please find all my TSService logs attached for You...

ramu

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Update: First results from "reset option" use...

TV server crashes when I do the following:

1. Start Server und Client
    2. Watch DVB-S uncrypted channel -> fine
    3. Watch DVB-S decrypted channel -> fine
    4. Watch DVB-T channel -> fine
    5. Try to watch DVB-S channes, error : no signal or unknow error

I have to kill TV-Server process manualy. And this is unreproducible.

So, unfortunately this debug option seams not to be a good choice...

Find new log attached.

ramu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again ramu

Does this option reset graph and so also the card before each use or what does this reset exactly does?
    It resets the graph when you stop the tuner.

So, are You rewriting tvserver?
    Yes.

In which timeline do You do this?
    When it is ready. No specific time frame.
    Having said that, I sent you a test version last year. MP2 alpha already includes this TVE 3.5 (as "Native TV").

I understand that this reseting is only a workaround and it's allways better to solve the problem. But when You say

do You see any other chance to solve that problem as to get a newer, fixed version of tt driver?
    Yes. You could replace your CAM or buy a new tuner.

Are there alternative drivers (open source?) aviable?
    No, not for Windows.

I didn't try to pull out CAM while server is running because I do not want to cause HW problems. Are You sure it's possible?
    Yes, 100% sure. All CAMs and CI slots are designed to support this. You can remove a CAM from an STB without powering off the STB; same with a PC tuner CI slot.

Please find all my TSService logs attached for You...
    Thanks. :)
    So, here I see the same problem as last time:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-user-have-that-problem.123171/#post-1045892

The tuner was loaded here:
    [2013-12-25 20:19:11,926] [Log ] [13 ] [INFO ] - dvbs:BuildGraph

Approximately 15 hours later:
    [collapse]
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,225] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: OnDisplayMenu/List; 5 items; wLength: 105; pStringArray: 88711499
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,229] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 0: Cryptoworks
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,234] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 1:
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,238] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 2:
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,242] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 3: Keine Authorisation zum Sehen des Programms.
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,246] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 4: Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Kundenservice.
    [2013-12-26 11:00:15,244] [EPG ] [12 ] [INFO ] - EpgCard: allow grabbing for 30,0117166 seconds on card 4
    [2013-12-26 11:00:29,255] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: OnDisplayMenu() exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat 53.2.172.238:63364

Server stack trace:
    bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.GetSocket()
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    bei TvLibrary.Interfaces.CiMenuCallbackSink.FireCiMenuCallback(CiMenu Menu)
    bei TvService.TVController.CheckForCallback()
    bei TvService.TVController.OnCiMenuChoice(Int32 nChoice, String lpszText)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TechnoTrendAPI.onDisplayMenuOrList(IntPtr Context, Byte nSlot, Int16 wItems, IntPtr pStringArray, Int16 wLength)
    [2013-12-26 11:00:29,619] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend:CI_OnSwitchOsdOff slot:0
    [2013-12-26 11:00:45,258] [EPG ] [29 ] [INFO ] - EpgCard: allow grabbing for 60,0254333 seconds on card 4
    [2013-12-26 11:01:11,631] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: CI_OnSwitchOsdOff() exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat 53.2.172.238:63364

Server stack trace:
    bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    bei TvService.TVController.OnCiCloseDisplay(Int32 nDelay)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TechnoTrendAPI.onSwitchOsdOff(IntPtr Context, Byte nSlot)
    [2013-12-26 11:01:12,546] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend:CI_OnSwitchOsdOff slot:0
    [2013-12-26 11:01:15,272] [EPG ] [4 ] [INFO ] - EpgCard: allow grabbing for 90,0401501 seconds on card 4
    [2013-12-26 11:01:45,286] [EPG ] [3 ] [INFO ] - EpgCard: allow grabbing for 120,0538667 seconds on card 4
    [2013-12-26 11:01:54,551] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: CI_OnSwitchOsdOff() exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat 53.2.172.238:63364

Server stack trace:

bei TvService.TVController.OnCiCloseDisplay(Int32 nDelay)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TechnoTrendAPI.onSwitchOsdOff(IntPtr Context, Byte nSlot)
    [2013-12-26 11:01:57,066] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: OnDisplayMenu/List; 5 items; wLength: 105; pStringArray: 88711499
    [2013-12-26 11:01:57,070] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 0: Cryptoworks
    [2013-12-26 11:01:57,074] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 1:
    [2013-12-26 11:01:57,078] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 2:
    [2013-12-26 11:01:57,083] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 3: Keine Authorisation zum Sehen des Programms.
    [2013-12-26 11:01:57,087] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 4: Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Kundenservice.
    [/collapse]

After this you have the same PMT symptoms.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So, unfortunately this debug option seams not to be a good choice...
    Well, sorry but that is it then. It is a debug setting for a reason and I'm not going to invest any time in fixing it since the setting will be removed.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi mm,

I'm astonished about that log extract. This looks not like a message from the card but it seams to come from the cryptocard. There is a DVB-S card from Technotrend with CAM module. In that CAM there is a Cryptoadaper from technisat and in there a cycrpto card.

I'm not quite sure what happend in that time. First I thought in that time MP client tries to watch orf III because in the error message a IP xx.238 is mentioned. But looking up the whole log file I think MP server is only grabbing EPG. So if EPG user is grabbing there is no client and real user which can see the Technotrend message line 0 to line 4 and close this message. By the way I never saw that message in MP client.

[2013-12-26 10:59:47,225] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: OnDisplayMenu/List; 5 items; wLength: 105; pStringArray: 88711499
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,229] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 0: Cryptoworks
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,234] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 1:
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,238] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 2:
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,242] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 3: Keine Authorisation zum Sehen des Programms.
    [2013-12-26 10:59:47,246] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 4: Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Kundenservice.
    [2013-12-26 11:00:15,244] [EPG ] [12 ] [INFO ] - EpgCard: allow grabbing for 30,0117166 seconds on card 4
    [2013-12-26 11:00:29,255] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: OnDisplayMenu() exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat 53.2.172.238:63364

Ideas/questions:

• What is the meaning of the number [8] or [12] ?
    • What is with [DVB EPG timer] (see logfile) is this a second process or dows EPG time use the processes 8 or 12?
    • Was at the same time a MP client AND EPG trying to watch ORF III? And could that be the problem that only one access is possible?
    • Or does the problem come from that error message show to a virtuell user which is not able to click and delete that message window?
    • I never saw that message in MP client, perhaps it's a timeout problem accessing card from EPG when cryptocard shows that message?

Regards
    ramu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again ramu

I'm astonished about that log extract.
    Why astonished? :)
    I keep repeating the explanation that this problem is something to do with the CI/CAM. When you kept mentioning PMT and memory leaks and say you're astonished it feels like maybe you didn't believe me. ;)

This looks not like a message from the card but it seams to come from the cryptocard. There is a DVB-S card from Technotrend with CAM module. In that CAM there is a Cryptoadaper from technisat and in there a cycrpto card.
    Sure. This is the "CAM menu" feature in MP which I mentioned when you asked about DVB.NET/VCR.NET:
    That code only supports decrypting one channel at any time (bdaapiCIReadPSIFastWithPMT); MP supports multiple (bdaapiCIMultiDecode).
    That code doesn't support viewing the CAM menu; MP does.

The CAM menu allows you to navigate the CAM information and settings (eg. parental control, CAS IDs) and receive messages from the CAM or card.

I'm not quite sure what happend in that time. First I thought in that time MP client tries to watch orf III because in the error message a IP xx.238 is mentioned. But looking up the whole log file I think MP server is only grabbing EPG.
    Yes, it is EPG grabbing for ORF III.

So if EPG user is grabbing there is no client and real user which can see the Technotrend message line 0 to line 4 and close this message.
    Yes... except that a client was using the tuner previously:
    [2013-12-25 20:19:25,829] [Log ] [13 ] [DEBUG] - CiMenuSupported called cardid 4
    [2013-12-25 20:19:25,834] [Log ] [13 ] [INFO ] - TechnoTrend IsCamReady(): IsCamPresent:True, IsCamReady:True
    [2013-12-25 20:19:25,840] [Log ] [13 ] [DEBUG] - CiMenuSupported card TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner supported: True
    [2013-12-25 20:19:25,844] [Log ] [Channel state thread] [INFO ] - ChannelStates.GetAllTimeshiftingAndRecordingChannels took 5 msec
    [2013-12-25 20:19:25,848] [Log ] [13 ] [INFO ] - TechnoTrend IsCamReady(): IsCamPresent:True, IsCamReady:True
    [2013-12-25 20:19:25,871] [Log ] [12 ] [DEBUG] - CiMenu: registered client event for callback
    [2013-12-25 20:19:25,883] [Log ] [12 ] [DEBUG] - TvController: EnableCiMenuHandler called
    [2013-12-25 20:19:25,889] [Log ] [12 ] [DEBUG] - TvController: SetCiMenuHandler: result True

By the way I never saw that message in MP client.
    You wouldn't because you weren't using MP at that time.

What is the meaning of the number [8] or [12] ?
    It is the thread number.

What is with [DVB EPG timer] (see logfile) is this a second process or dows EPG time use the processes 8 or 12?
    You were almost right when you said "second process"... but there is only ever one process (TvService.exe). The EPG grabbing and CAM/CI menu handling are in separate threads which are running at the same time.

Was at the same time a MP client AND EPG trying to watch ORF III? And could that be the problem that only one access is possible?
    No. The CAM/CI menu message was triggered by the EPG grabbing. TV Server asked the CAM to decrypt ORF III. This is actually not necessary but anyhow my point is that there was no interaction from any MP client.

Or does the problem come from that error message show to a virtuell user which is not able to click and delete that message window?
    No. I think the problem comes from the fact that TV Server thinks there is a real user which does not exist. The exceptions aren't really the biggest problem because they show that TV Server eventually detected that the real user (MP client) is gone. Maybe the connect/delivery attempt just took too long:

[2013-12-26 11:00:29,619] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend:CI_OnSwitchOsdOff slot:0
    [2013-12-26 11:01:11,631] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: CI_OnSwitchOsdOff() exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat 53.2.172.238:63364

Almost 45 seconds each.
    So, maybe the TT API/driver thinks that TV Server didn't handle the message successfully. I don't know.

I never saw that message in MP client, perhaps it's a timeout problem accessing card from EPG when cryptocard shows that message?
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean. TV Server has no problem communicating with the CAM/smartcard because that is where the message saying "your subscription doesn't allow you to watch ORF III" comes from. The problem is maybe in the timeout/delay for trying to deliver the message...
    mm

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi mm,

it's not easy to bring a problem to a point if it's not your mother tongue and only asyncron written communication...

By the way I never saw that message in MP client.
    You wouldn't because you weren't using MP at that time.

I mean that I never got the message that there is no permission to see ORF using MP client. I do not have an idea why this error occurs?

And Your point, I also belive that's the problem:

No. I think the problem comes from the fact that TV Server thinks there is a real user which does not exist. The exceptions aren't really the biggest problem because they show that TV Server eventually detected that the real user (MP client) is gone. Maybe the connect/delivery attempt just took too long:

I had a second look to the last logs:

So, am I right, this new log shows that MP server is grabbing on DVB-S card = card 4. ORF III channel is tuned. EPG is starting (thread EPG timer). Than thread 22 is handling the error message AND thrad 4 is grabbing EPG on that card successfully??? How can that happen if threaqd 22 tells us that we don't have permission?

[2013-12-28 02:53:34,089] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - **************************************************
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,093] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - ***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 71, SIGNAL QUALITY: 100 *****
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,097] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - **************************************************
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,101] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [DEBUG] - card: tuned user: epg subchannel: 0
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,106] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - user:epg add
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,109] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [DEBUG] - CardReservation.RemoveTuneTicket: removed reservation with id=125, tuningdetails=DVBS:tv:ORF ORF III Freq:12663000 ONID:1 TSID:1115 SID:13101 PMT:0x44D FTA:False LCN:10000 SymbolRate:22000 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:LinearH InnerFecRate:Rate5_6 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,113] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - card: SignalTuneEvent card: 4 / subch: 0
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,116] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - Controller: GrabEpg on card ID == 4
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,120] [EPG ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - EpgGrabbing: Start
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,125] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvb:grab epg...
    [2013-12-28 02:53:34,131] [EPG ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - EpgCard: card: 4 starting to grab DVBS:tv:ORF ORF III Freq:12663000 ONID:1 TSID:1115 SID:13101 PMT:0x44D FTA:False LCN:10000 SymbolRate:22000 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:LinearH InnerFecRate:Rate5_6 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet
    [2013-12-28 02:53:36,167] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: OnDisplayMenu/List; 5 items; wLength: 105; pStringArray: 167349803
    [2013-12-28 02:53:36,172] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 0: Cryptoworks
    [2013-12-28 02:53:36,176] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 1:
    [2013-12-28 02:53:36,180] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 2:
    [2013-12-28 02:53:36,186] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 3: Keine Authorisation zum Sehen des Programms.
    [2013-12-28 02:53:36,191] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: 4: Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Kundenservice.
    [2013-12-28 02:54:04,143] [EPG ] [4 ] [INFO ] - EpgCard: allow grabbing for 30,0087164 seconds on card 4
    [2013-12-28 02:54:18,202] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - TechnoTrend: OnDisplayMenu() exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat 53.2.172.238:62470

Tv server remembers the last client IP and tries to show CI menu on that client IP also there is no client running anymore?
    I'm not sure if "only" this mishandling of CI menu information from MP causes my DVB-S problem???

You asked for the real reason the problem. It's seams for me to be a communication problem between MP &TT card & CAM & crypto card, because the next time the permission to grab is allowed. And of course before it was also possible... Perhaps EPG is grabbing anyway also if that messages occurs (s. logs above?)

And I only found problems trying to reach ORF III? Did You see further channels causeing that problem in the logs?

I never saw that message in MP client, perhaps it's a timeout problem accessing card from EPG when cryptocard shows that message?
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean. TV Server has no problem communicating with the CAM/smartcard because that is where the message saying "your subscription doesn't allow you to watch ORF III" comes from. The problem is maybe in the timeout/delay for trying to deliver the message...
    mm

Perhaps it's a timing problem because in manual use (with MP client) I didn't saw that message before? I mean perhaps MP is to quick to ask CI/CAM for actions???

Anyway I'm wondering if it's possible to catch this error message in MP for EPG user to prevent this deadlock? Is it for e.g. possible to implement a second try from MP for accessing CAM when this kind of error is coming up or just to skip this request, reset grahp and try next channel? It should be no big effort to implement a error/exception handling for that issue i hope.

Well, I connected TT, they want to help and they ask for a detailed problem information. What should I ask them for?

ramu

PS:

Do You know where this exception is coming from, found several in logs of last days. But I don't know if they are coming from the experiment with this debug option:

[2013-12-27 05:24:37,720] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.InvalidCastException: Das COM-Objekt des Typs "MpTsAnalyzer" kann nicht in den Schnittstellentyp "TvLibrary.Interfaces.Analyzer.ITsFilter" umgewandelt werden. Dieser Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden, da der QueryInterface-Aufruf an die COM-Komponente für die Schnittstelle mit der IID "{5EB9F392-E7FD-4071-8E44-3590E5E767BA}" aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht durchgeführt werden konnte: Schnittstelle nicht unterstützt (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvDvbChannel..ctor(IFilterGraph2 graphBuilder, ConditionalAccess ca, MDPlugs mdplugs, IBaseFilter tif, IBaseFilter tsWriter, Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.GetNewSubChannel(IChannel channel)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.BeforeTune(Int32& subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)

[2013-12-27 05:24:37,729] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.InvalidCastException: Das COM-Objekt des Typs "MpTsAnalyzer" kann nicht in den Schnittstellentyp "TvLibrary.Interfaces.Analyzer.ITsFilter" umgewandelt werden. Dieser Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden, da der QueryInterface-Aufruf an die COM-Komponente für die Schnittstelle mit der IID "{5EB9F392-E7FD-4071-8E44-3590E5E767BA}" aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht durchgeführt werden konnte: Schnittstelle nicht unterstützt (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvDvbChannel..ctor(IFilterGraph2 graphBuilder, ConditionalAccess ca, MDPlugs mdplugs, IBaseFilter tif, IBaseFilter tsWriter, Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.GetNewSubChannel(IChannel channel)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.BeforeTune(Int32& subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    bei TvService.CardTuner.Tune(IUser& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

[2013-12-27 05:24:37,738] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [DEBUG] - CardReservation.RemoveTuneTicket: removed reservation with id=103, tuningdetails=DVBS:tv:ORF ORF1 HD Freq:11303000 ONID:1 TSID:1007 SID:4911 PMT:0x6B FTA:False LCN:10000 SymbolRate:22000 Modulation:Mod8Psk Polarisation:LinearH InnerFecRate:Rate2_3 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:On RollOff:ThirtyFive
    [2013-12-27 05:24:37,744] [EPG ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - Epg: card:4 could not tune to channel:UnknownError

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think you should do your research in a more systematic way. I read this thread and for me it is kind of chaos.

First I would say you should do what mm told you before:
    1) If the problem occurs, plug the Cam out of the CI, wait 10 seconds, plug it in again, wait a minute and try again. If it is now working you can look why the cam stops working
    2) If you suspect the epg grabber to be the reason, disable it and look if you still get the problem. If not, the EPG grabber might to something strange with your card.
    At least I can't remember that I read the answers to this questions somewhere....

But the main reason why I'm writing here: What is a crypto card?!
    Normally you have:
    CI -> Cam -> Smart card
    But your discription sounds like: CI -> CAM -> ?!Crypto Card?! -> Smart Card...

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Either he means a SCM Cryptoworks CAM-Modul or a Technicrypt CW CAM-Modul by Technisat ;)

@ramu don't you have a standalone receiver for testing the CAM? For a fair testing you must not power off the receiver!
    If you don't have a receiver, i would buy an other CAM and a new tunercard online:
    The first three days test the new CAM with your old tuner. If it is okay send back the new tuner.
    If not, for the next three days test the new tuner with your old CAM. If it is okay send back the new CAM.
    If not, for the last three days test the new CAM with the new tuner. If it is okay be happy!
    If not, you really have a problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom