DVB-S2 card for MediaPortal with proper Diseqc 1.2 support (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    IT IS WORKING!!!
    Yep, looks much better. :)

Or nearly... As DJBlu said, the first tune fails if I select a different sat. But if I select the same channel again, then the channel is locked. I guess it is because the time the motor needs to move from one sat to another. Since 28.2E and 39E are not far away, the motor moves very quickly. If it would be possible to fix this...It would be so great.
    As already mentioned, you can increase the tune timeout:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General#Scan_Tab

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    IT IS WORKING!!!
    Yep, looks much better. :)

Do you see anything that is wrong in the logs or everything is working as it should?

Or nearly... As DJBlu said, the first tune fails if I select a different sat. But if I select the same channel again, then the channel is locked. I guess it is because the time the motor needs to move from one sat to another. Since 28.2E and 39E are not far away, the motor moves very quickly. If it would be possible to fix this...It would be so great.
    As already mentioned, you can increase the tune timeout:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General#Scan_Tab

Yes, sorry, I will try to increase the tune timeout and see if this helps.

Regarding the EPG grabber: will it also move the dish every time it wants to grab EPG data in background? I would not like that, what do you suggest if I want to use DVB EPG info?

Any ideas maybe about the motor settings page, why it doesn't show signal quality and tuner locked?[DOUBLEPOST=1380788196][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There are so many issues with the motor code it has become an irrelevant part of the TV Server. There is no waitout times whilst tuning so the first tune will always fail unless you move the motor a couple of degrees.

Does this mean that even if I set tuning time to lets say 30 seconds (that time is enough for the dish to move to any position), then the first tune will fail no matter of that I increased this time? If yes, is there a possibility to fix this?

I have added code to enable Usals and I am currently merging this code with the 1.5.0 Final Branch.
    I will upload some files later that I would like you to try.

Looking very much to try out USALS, waiting for the files! Please post me a detailed description what to do! Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you see anything that is wrong in the logs or everything is working as it should?
    Nothing wrong; it is working as well as it can.

Regarding the EPG grabber: will it also move the dish every time it wants to grab EPG data in background?
    Yes.

I would not like that, what do you suggest if I want to use DVB EPG info?
    Disable the idle EPG grabber and only use the timeshifting EPG grabber. That will mean that the motor only moves when you timeshift... however it may mean that you're sometimes missing EPG. A possible compromise would be to only enable grabbing on the channels that you need to grab for. Maybe only a handful of transponders need to be scanned to grab most of the EPG for the channels you watch.

Any ideas maybe about the motor settings page, why it doesn't show signal quality and tuner locked?
    Probably a bug.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Nothing wrong; it is working as well as it can.
    Excellent, then we were lucky that DVBSky cards have proper DiSEqC support, at least the S960/962 versions and with motor. I guess switch would work too.
    BTW, the card is amazing, it is working very fast, channel scan and zapping is almost instant, and HD is also very fast. I hope it will be a reliable card for a very long time.

Regarding the EPG grabber: will it also move the dish every time it wants to grab EPG data in background?
    Yes.

I would not like that, what do you suggest if I want to use DVB EPG info?
    Disable the idle EPG grabber and only use the timeshifting EPG grabber. That will mean that the motor only moves when you timeshift... however it may mean that you're sometimes missing EPG. A possible compromise would be to only enable grabbing on the channels that you need to grab for. Maybe only a handful of transponders need to be scanned to grab most of the EPG for the channels you watch.

I will do that, will disable idle grabber, since I will have thousand of channels in the database with the motor (90% of them is not needed to me at all), it would take so long to grab all the EPG information. I will adjust to timeshifting grabber, and look at WEBEPG too.

Any ideas maybe about the motor settings page, why it doesn't show signal quality and tuner locked?
    Probably a bug.
    It is not so important, but do you think it is hard to fix this? I can do the fine tuning in DVBViewer or using the stb, but some users might miss this functionality in MP. Perhaps with the release of the new TVServer? Speaking of... Do you have any news when can we expect the new TVServer? Will it be in the 1.x releases or only in 2.x? No date is needed, just curious. Keep up with the good work!
    I will also update after few days of usage!

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yesterday I have set the Tune Timeout to 30 and.... EVERYTHING IS WORKING PERFECTLY!!!
    I select a channel on a different sat, motor starts to move (I guess, since I do not have visual on the motor since it is on the top of the building), MP waits, and when the dish is aligned, MP starts the channel. Not a single error message or anything annoying. I tried this many times, and up to this point, it looks that it is working fine. I can not emphasize how happy I am becuause of this:) I have upgraded to version 1.5, but been able to test it for half an hour only.

mm1352000, DJBlu, and others who helped: thank you for your great support, it is very much appreciated!

DJBlu: I guess you still don't have the USALS version uploaded? I will be more then happy to try it out! It would be great if you could post it today, since I will have some more time on weekend to test it!

EDIT: perhaps somebody could add DVBSky S960/962 to the supported cards in Wiki, I confirm DiSEqC motor support works fine, and probably switch as well.

Thanks!

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    perhaps somebody could add DVBSky S960/962 to the supported cards in Wiki, I confirm DiSEqC motor support works fine, and probably switch as well.
    Done: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/0_TV_Card_Features
    I had to add some questionmarks, so if someone can confirm that the other stuff working as well, I'm happy to add a "Yes"^^

By the way: Every user can contribute to our wiki as far as I know :)

Thank you!
    The card has no CI/CAM support.
    Have to check CI menu support. But does a CI menu makes any sense if the card has no CI/CAM support?
    I will have to check Multichannel encoding, not sure about this.
    I can't check DiSEqC switch support, as I do not have a switch (I assume it will work, as motor is working, but let's wait if somebody who actually has a switch and this card can confirm this).

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    But does a CI menu makes any sense if the card has no CI/CAM support?
    No that doesn't male sense :)

I will have to check Multichannel encoding, not sure about this.
    That would be cool

Just to be sure, how can I check this? Tune to a FTA channel, and I try to tune a channel on a same transponder from a different client? If it works, then YES, if not, then NO?

I try to help as much as I can, I have received so much help from devs and the community. I know my contribution is not as much here, but at least I can help others with a decent DVB-S2 card.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to be sure, how can I check this? Tune to a FTA channel, and I try to tune a channel on a same transponder from a different client? If it works, then YES, if not, then NO?
    you got it :)

I try to help as much as I can, I have received so much help from devs and the community. I know my contribution is not as much here, but at least I can help others with a decent DVB-S2 card.
    Nice to hear that :) We are also happy about every help regardless how small it is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom