DVB-S2 card for MediaPortal with proper Diseqc 1.2 support (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Just to be sure, how can I check this? Tune to a FTA channel, and I try to tune a channel on a same transponder from a different client? If it works, then YES, if not, then NO?
you got it :)

I try to help as much as I can, I have received so much help from devs and the community. I know my contribution is not as much here, but at least I can help others with a decent DVB-S2 card.
Nice to hear that :) We are also happy about every help regardless how small it is :)

Excellent! I will be back with information right after I managed to test it.

If DJBlu sends me the USALS patch, I will be more then happy to test it! It is such a great thing to have working USALS, it makes finding sats a very easy task!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The multi-channel decoding referenced in that table is referring to simultaneous decryption of multiple encrypted channels with a single tuner. It doesn't make sense to talk about this for tuners/cards that don't have a CI/CAM.

All tuners except those that require PID filtering can support timeshift/record of multiple FTA channels with a single tuner.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The multi-channel decoding referenced in that table is referring to simultaneous decryption of multiple encrypted channels with a single tuner. It doesn't make sense to talk about this for tuners/cards that don't have a CI/CAM.

All tuners except those that require PID filtering can support timeshift/record of multiple FTA channels with a single tuner.

Sorry, I missed the encrypted channels part. Well, then this card probably doesn't support it, as no CI/CAM can be connected to the card.

We are left with only DiSEqC switch option that needs to be confirmed by somebody who has this card and a switch.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I missed the encrypted channels part. Well, then this card probably doesn't support it, as no CI/CAM can be connected to the card.
    No problem - no need to apologise. We are happy to collaborate with you and grateful for your assistance! :)

We are left with only DiSEqC switch option that needs to be confirmed by somebody who has this card and a switch.
    If motor control works then switch control will definitely work. :)

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    If motor control works then switch control will definitely work. :)

Well, then we have all the data needed for Wiki:)

I must say, the card is very fast on channel change an tuning. Motor control is excellent :), additional power supply for this is also very good to have (not to drain power from the PCIe slot), it looks that standby/resume is working without any issues. The price is very attractive too. Time will tell how much will the card last, but I do not experience any heat issues at all (like one other user did, although he has the dual tuner version).

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, everything is in the wiki :)
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/0_TV_Card_Features

Sorry mm, that was my bad :/ Didn't know that it was referring only to cards with cam, but as I read your comment it made quite a lot sense for me :)

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/0_TV_Card_Features

Sorry mm, that was my bad :/ Didn't know that it was referring only to cards with cam, but as I read your comment it made quite a lot sense for me :)

I have just spotted a mistake on my side: the correct cards supported from DVBSky should be S950/952 and NOT S960. Sorry for this. The S950/952 are PCIe versions, while the S960 are USB tuners. I mixed up the numbers:(
    (I guess S960 is also supported, since it should be the same card, but on USB not PCIe, but somebody will check this who actually has a USB version).

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

I have just spotted a mistake on my side: the correct cards supported from DVBSky should be S950/952 and NOT S960. Sorry for this. The S950/952 are PCIe versions, while the S960 are USB tuners. I mixed up the numbers:(
    (I guess S960 is also supported, since it should be the same card, but on USB not PCIe, but somebody will check this who actually has a USB version).

I see that the card model is still not corrected in wiki, making that misleading. I do not seam to be able to edit, so please change DVBSky to S950/952 and remove S960!

BTW, motor is still working perfecly, and I very much hope it will do so for long-long time!
    As motor control is not the best in MP and there is no USALS support, I have used DVBViewer Transedit to set up satellites with USALS, and stored each sat in MP motor config. Now I have a fully functional system:)

I have some problems with the remote and fanarts, but hope these could be sorted out soon.

If you guys work on USALS support, I will be able to help in testing.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm still on my mobile, so hopefully I won't forget it later oO
    But thank you for reporting ;)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see that the card model is still not corrected in wiki, making that misleading. I do not seam to be able to edit, so please change DVBSky to S950/952 and remove S960!
    Thanks, hopefully now is everything correct :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom