DVB-S2 card for MediaPortal with proper Diseqc 1.2 support (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Back to this thread, do not want to open new one.

I'm using motor support since a long time now and it's great.
Can you tell me or confirm that the motor configuration is based on DiSEqC 1.2, that is, each position is stored in the motor memory?
When I store a satellite with MP, let's say 0,8W stored at position 1., then it is stored in position 1. of the motor itself? If I use another software or hardware, I can also instruct the new device to use position 1. for 0,8W as it was stored to 1. by MP? I hope I was clear enough what I wanted to say:)

BTW: any news on USALS support?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi gurabli

I hope you're well. :)

Can you tell me or confirm that the motor configuration is based on DiSEqC 1.2, that is, each position is stored in the motor memory?
    Yes I confirm.

When I store a satellite with MP, let's say 0,8W stored at position 1., then it is stored in position 1. of the motor itself? If I use another software or hardware, I can also instruct the new device to use position 1. for 0,8W as it was stored to 1. by MP? I hope I was clear enough what I wanted to say:)
    MP doesn't enable you to specify "position 1" (or in general "position X") when you save, but otherwise that is correct.

BTW: any news on USALS support?
    Not from me.

Regards,
    mm

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi mm!

Thanks, doing fine! Long time since last post:) Hope you as well!

Thank you for your answers, this helped me a lot!

BTW, I have a perfect HTPC but still with incorrect character encoding;) for most of the providers I use. Any update on that, perhaps?

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi mm!

The encoding changes I made are in the latest version of MP2 with Native TV (TVE 3.5).

i will try to find some time and install MP2 and see if encoding is correct now for UPC Direct and other providers I can check. I can help you on this to test and give feedback. The problem is now time, I'm so short on free-time that I don't even have time to use my HTPC, not to install new versions:(

gurabli said: ↑
    By any chances, do you know if USALS will be also in TVE 3.5?
    I have not implemented support for it [yet].

I believe it would be so good to have fully functional USALS rotor support in MP2, Then TVE would be fully able to do every function of a STB. Do you already have some progress with this? If you need testing, I can also try to help with this! It would be a shame to not include this in MP2.

Can you please let me know if I can use Hadu plugin (mdapi plus) with MP2 TVE the same way it should be used with MP1.X? It's not illegal, I own the card locally!

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

The problem is now time, I'm so short on free-time that I don't even have time to use my HTPC, not to install new versions:(
    :(

I believe it would be so good to have fully functional USALS rotor support in MP2, Then TVE would be fully able to do every function of a STB. Do you already have some progress with this? If you need testing, I can also try to help with this! It would be a shame to not include this in MP2.
    I also would like to support USALs, but the basics have to be done properly first. I prioritise other things because not too many people are using DiSEqC motors with MP...

Can you please let me know if I can use Hadu plugin (mdapi plus) with MP2 TVE the same way it should be used with MP1.X? It's not illegal, I own the card locally!
    It should work, though the tuner folder names are different (based on the tuner filter name rather than the capture filter name).
    ...but you don't need this to test EPG. ;)

Regards,
    mm

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm it works, but it is a pain to set it up xD had to fiddle a lot, but can't remember the exact steps anymore oO

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I can confirm it works, but it is a pain to set it up xD had to fiddle a lot, but can't remember the exact steps anymore oO
    Thanks FreakyJ, if it works, I will figure out how:) The important thing is to know that it actually works![DOUBLEPOST=1415086186][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I also would like to support USALs, but the basics have to be done properly first. I prioritise other things because not too many people are using DiSEqC motors with MP...
    I understand that there are much more important things, but as the saying goes, people don't use it since it is not available:) If implementing USALS is not a very hard work, I think it would be great to have it in TVE3.5. Contact me if you need any testing to be done! And thanks for all your hard work!

..but you don't need this to test EPG.
    I know:) And I will try to test it asap, but weekend would be the first option because job, family, etc.

If I install MP2 on my HTPC alongside MP1 that I use, will or can it cause any problems? I read that not, and it is safe to install. Which version you recommend to install? Anyway, I will make a full backup and I can revert back to pre-MP2 stage if something goes wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom